Tire Mounting Problems

mbroyles3

I am having trouble getting a new burris tire to bead on a new rim. The inside bead went well, but the outside will not slide on up and bead. It still lacks like 1 inch. I have dismounted and tried it 4 times with no success. I am using murphys soap, and i mean alot, to get it to slide. Any tips or tricks would be helpful.

Have a tire band, did not take out valve core, went up to 60 psi and didn't want to go any higher, i did heat the tire with a heat gun as well.

Take the valve core out, and tighten up the tire band, use a air gun nozzle to shoot air into the tire, like Brian said room temperature, I use windex class cleaner to help slide the tire up.

If it's in a tire band, 60 psi doesn't scare me -- it's when you are around 100# and the sound you're waiting to hear is more like "dink" than "thump". :)
I use a clip-on chuck so my hands and face are nowhere near the thing when it beads out. If you need a clip on chuck, give me a call, or stop by a good auto parts store.

Just get it room temp -- don't use a heat gun - it would be difficult to keep the rubber uniformly warm that way.

Don't know the capability of your compressor, but it helps to have a good one. Also helps if you bypass any regulator or air/water separator if you are limited in volume/psi on your compressor.

All air chucks aren't the same, some don't work with valve core removed.

I use a clip on chuck that I pulled the guts out of ( the little dickie thing that would press on a valve core) on a hose , clip air chuck on valve stem ( core removed) then pulg in the hose to the compressor , as soon as beads pop remove hose from compressor and tire deflates , install core , remove band and set to desired PSI.
Keeps me away from tire and gives maximum air flow possible.

I just spray alot of ether starting fluid in the tire and down the sidewall. Light in and hit the air.LOL.
Just kidding... I have a friend who has worked in /owned service stations his whole life. They would do big truck tires like that. Again just joking around... don't do this..

Real tire lube is better than soap. You can heat the tire in an oven @250 for 5 minutes. You have to work quick because the tire cools fast and the lube dries out faster so be ready to lube, drop it in the band and pop it out as soon as you get it out of the oven. I wouldn't use more than 60 psi. The band will not keep it from blowing only from stretching. It will blow out the side wall first so keep safe.

I usually use Windex or 3M Aerosol foaming window cleaner because it evaporates quickly. I really had trouble with one tire and rim combo 1 time and ended up wiping some Thor Light around the rim and the bead of the tire. I have never saw a tire bead so quickly ! LOL ...Hey it worked !

I usually use Windex or 3M Aerosol foaming window cleaner because it evaporates quickly. I really had trouble with one tire and rim combo 1 time and ended up wiping some Thor Light around the rim and the bead of the tire. I have never saw a tire bead so quickly ! LOL ...Hey it worked !
WD will work to...

Back