Tire prep between races

Jmudd57

Just wondering if anyone has used or knows the difference between track tac orange and sapphire with drt and if it is good for using in between heats and features. I run vega tires I've prepped them. I run in upstate ny.

not sure about on vega tires, but the orange works great as a PRW between races on burris tires, and you can wipe extra coats to add more bite, it does give good bite. As far as the sapphire, i am not sure as i dont use it and never have, look up Chris Harris (CH3Racing) and talk to him about the sapphire, im sure he can help you out with it.

If I remember correctly, the Saphire acts a "super charger" and takes on the characteristics of whatever prep its being applied with. As well as helping firing tires off

The Orange and Sapphire are really good PRW for most any tires. You running asphalt or Dirt?

The Orange as stated builds good bite, and the Sapphire also builds good bite. But, as stated it helps fire the tires.

This means it activates the tires and helps them to start building heat to make them work. Helps if your tires are taking too long to start working or if there is a little dew, slightly cooler damp tracks. Not for wet or cold, just damp or cool.

In other words, if your tires arent really fast until the end of the race, you need to be wiping something to help fire them off sooner, there are alot of good preps out there that do this. Palmetto's trackside fire is a really good one for firing off the tires from my experience. I like the Orange though, it really works pretty well on most tracks and most conditions for adding bite to the tires, even though i havent seen it repel dirt like it says on the can.

Sapphire is a more aggressive PRW than Orange, it provides more bite and can also soften. If the Orange is not strong enough switch to the Sapphire.

Back