Tire prep question

Kartchamp2212

Hey guys I have a question. Is it ok to mix blacksand and hotlap together. I got 1/4bs and 3/4hl. If it's ok why is it and if not why isn't it. Thanks for answering.

Yes, it will work, especially for an outside wipe at the track. We have used more of a 50/50 blend. Sometimes it's harder to get BS to go into a tire quickly without cutting it either with HL or Acrysol. In my experience, your mixture won't have as much effect on the tire, only adding a marginal amount of bite over running straight HL.

Yes, it will work, especially for an outside wipe at the track. We have used more of a 50/50 blend. Sometimes it's harder to get BS to go into a tire quickly without cutting it either with HL or Acrysol. In my experience, your mixture won't have as much effect on the tire, only adding a marginal amount of bite over running straight HL.

so you are saying mix it 50/50 or no

Yes, we have mixed BS with Acrysol 50/50 with good results. You can decrease the proportion of BS if less bite is desired. Using Hot Lap as the cutting agent merely makes the wipe a little more aggressive.

Back