Tire pressure

Wes7

I have 0 track time and very little Knowledge and was wondering where to start on tire pressure for a dirt track. Im running maxxis ht3 pinks 9.0 on right side maxxis 6.0 left rear and maxxis 4.5 on left front

6 lb rights and 5 lb lefts would be a good avg, but it varies per class and engine, and track condition, which class and track are you racing ?

In your experience .
What would a good recommendation for air pressure be ?
I should have been more specific. 5 and 6 are where I start. I just dont believe in the "Predator is always 2lbs or more above clone". Find what works for you on both. I find it rare that my predator is more than 1/2lb different from what I run in clone.

Kens usually spot on with a good recomendation. You gotta remember your both in different areas of the country with different track conditions.

Its all about test and tune and what works best for YOU.

Kens usually spot on with a good recomendation. You gotta remember your both in different areas of the country with different track conditions.

Its all about test and tune and what works best for YOU.
I definitely agree, Ken has helped me a bunch with his info, I just wanted to point out that what works for someone else doesn't always work for you.

Predator is usually at least 2lb. more air at the same weight for adult classes, as long as its OTB and not cheated up too badly.
Its like JR1 class, momentum racing, needs higher air.

Also depends on the size of the track. Bigger, momentum tracks, I'd agree with being on higher air for slower, more underpowered, classes (Predator, jr 1&2) but on very small tracks you're less concerned with roll speed as you are sidebite in the corners, so the lower psi won't hurt the slower classes as bad.

I think I saw Ken write on here previously, something to the effect of: There are no "as a general rule" in kart set-up. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Also depends on the size of the track. Bigger, momentum tracks, I'd agree with being on higher air for slower, more underpowered, classes (Predator, jr 1&2) but on very small tracks you're less concerned with roll speed as you are sidebite in the corners, so the lower psi won't hurt the slower classes as bad.

I think I saw Ken write on here previously, something to the effect of: There are no "as a general rule" in kart set-up. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Sure did There are no in general " ALWAYS " in Karting !!
Of course there are in general's , and as general rule of thumbs !!

Back