Tire rack in trailer?

Yep, that's what we ended up using. If you want to mount them on the wall, that's a nice neat way to do it and not overly expensive. I would also consider a rolling rack that pins into the trailer wall/floor if you have room in your shop (to keep your tires out of the hot trailer all week.)

If you go with the conduit style, consider putting 3/4" conduit inside of the 1" conduit on the rails that support the weight of the tires - that will go a long way in keeping them from sagging. An endplate every 6' is sufficient if you do it this way and you will fit two complete sets inside of that 6'.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com

Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry

765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I just put some super cheap and universal wire shelving in my trailer for tire racks. I used the closetmate wire shelves turned upside down, the two hole metal wall clips to mount them, and then you can use either chains so the shelves fold flat when not in use, or a NON-CLOSETMATE 90* bracket to hold the shelf flat permanently. Then I bought a bunch of the $2 18"x24" stretchy cargo nets from HF to secure everything. My trailer is staying "universal" and not a dedicated race trailer so that was why I did it this way.

I used 1/4" plywood uprights and some conduit. It holds 8 sets of tires nicely in a 6 x 12 trailer with plenty of room left for other things.

My trailer is staying "universal" and not a dedicated race trailer so that was why I did it this way.

You mean there is something else to do with a trailer besides haul race karts or race cars? :)

We have used the hardware cited by LynnRacing in post #2 in 2 trailers and like the setup fine. In one of them the rack is mounted on the front wall of the trailer from one side to the other so there is no way to remove the top bar to get tires out, so we just mounted it on the wall low enough to remove tires and wheels over the top bar, and that works fine - they stay put in transit, even with the extra clearance.

Back