Tire rules for PA tracks in 2023

You see 6 I see 9. Doesn't mean you're wrong and I'm right. "News flash" opinions are allowed lol. I can feel that Burris rule is junk (cause it is) and you can think it's the best thing for karting (it's not). Not sure why you have such an issue.

I own 3 businesses and run 1 for another entity, and race year round up and down the east coast. please don't tell me about work ethic, I have no problem with rewards to effort...

Burris is unnecessary work because they come from the molds out of round with deformities. Lack of quality control. We cut most of the rubber off just to get them round. Vega thick or thins come with a decent profile. Maxxis come with a decent profile. Apparently the reapers come to the racer pretty decent (from what I hear).

The tire rule is to help the budget racer. Please explain how they keep can keep up on tires that have no chance out of the package?

Hunterstown is open tire and everyone runs maxxis in a Burris brand dominant geographical area. Why do you think that is?
Funny how the guys that are very quick to point out there allowed an opinion, you can bet the Farm there next sentence will include how there So RIGHT and there is no opinion,
And the sentence after that will be how accomplished they are .
Why do you think that is ?

The low bite tracks are the easiest tracks to use the softer Burris on. If those tracks were open tire you'd most likely be faster on a yellow Vega prepped aggressively, especially for Snydersville whether it is damper or if it is on the drier side, just with different chemicals. You'd still be replacing tires frequently to run every week all season long as you continue to load the tires up with chemical every week they'll slow down at some point where a fresh set would be faster. If half of the racers are using aggressive prep already when its not needed on a normal basis with 11's, imagine letting them use tires that will take every drop of chemical you can put in them. From a $$ standpoint, I'd rather sell 10x the tire prep and not have to do any labor for the same amount of time, but I don't think thats necessarily the correct answer either.

The flip side on 11's is you can mount them, cut them if you want to, sand them, wipe them with a conditioner and let them rip for the normal shows. If the track is too dry or too firm they'll tear, but given the specifics of snydersville and how slow you actually go around there they still are faster on average. To get a 33 to work requires it being cut to make the sidewall flex more under the limited load generated, prepped during the week, and wiped correctly trackside(for the night shows, thunder at the Ville depends on weather). Most simply can't or won't do that on a regular basis and default to burning off 11's, albeit flying around with limited effort until the tire burns off.

Everyone knows why Maxxis is the preferred tire at Hunterstown. It's the fastest tire available consistently. Hunterstown is a completely different surface for a weekly show than any other track in PA. IF Burris were the fastest tire thats what everyone there would run even if they liked a different tire more. Same with Reaper, Hoosier, Vega, etc. Open tire is always situational, on the average everyone defaults to what is fastest. Hard to call it open tire when you can run what you want but run off the pace. Most won't do that just because they get to run their preferred tire brand.

Funny how the guys that are very quick to point out there allowed an opinion, you can bet the Farm there next sentence will include how there So RIGHT and there is no opinion,
And the sentence after that will be how accomplished they are .
Why do you think that is ?
You're so right! You're always right lol burris is the best tire rule help budget racer Yada Yada and so on. Have a great season lmao

You can't only pin Burris. All manufacturers (Vega, Hoosier, Maxxis) are suffering from 2 similar problems which are cure time and supply availability. An example is Vega Reds for Road Course would last 3/4 of the season. Now they are junk after 5-6 races since they changed something in the compound. And Burris is trying to make as many tires as possible but the demand is so great that once they are made, they are shipped ASAP. This leads to tires not getting enough cure time which can shorten the life of the tire. Heck, even road tires for our cars/trucks don't even last. I still think Burris is great at the local level and they kick a lot back to the racers at the end of the season that most people forget. And on Asphalt, it's VEGA or nothing. Yes, the wear sucks right now but they are fast and easy to work with. Until things normalize this is what we have.
Vegas hold air... Tires are supposed to hold air aren't they? Not only are they better all around, THEY HOLD AIR/STAGGER.

Back