Tire washer

Krtrcr47

Are there any patents to worry about building a tire washer to sell. I think I have the most economic idea. I'm building one now I'll report on how the build goes. The first one I build I'm just going to buy a pressure washer broom fix it in box and have a hub in the center I'll get an electric pressure washer from harbor freight. That's the basic outline. I will have a heated reservoir gravity feeding the pressure washer. Any ideas chime in I'll take all input. I'll post pics when I'm done. I'll be building these in the future and will help anyone I can. Tire washing is important and time consuming my goal is to make it easier for everyone to wash tires.

Only thing I know , most pressure washers need the water fed to them .
Gravity may be enough , head pressue is a direct result of the height of the tank / reservoir .

Only thing I know , most pressure washers need the water fed to them .
Gravity may be enough , head pressue is a direct result of the height of the tank / reservoir .
I doubt gravity will be enough, I broke an electric pressure once and I blame using one of those shrink up hoses. They like water pressure AND volume.

Also I believe you can search Google for patents

I'll call it the wash-can. Gravity feed does work as long as supply and volume are sufficient.im surprised this isn't done more often. I can and will make a better manifold I used a pressure washer broom it works good only problem it need s 2 more nozzles due to close proximity of tire in trash can. I believe I have found good ones to buy on line to put in the gaps. You can build a good tire washer for about $400. Heated reservoir new 2000 psi electric pressure washer and all. I will have about 7 or 8 man hours. I did have a wheel hub laying around and some scrap metal to build a stand for tire to free spin on in 20 gallon metal trash can. I cut 4 slits perpendicular to the ground parallel with each other and a rectangle for broom connection to stick out of can slits are for hose clamps clamp broom to side of trash can set angle tighten clamps and quick connect electric pressure washer hose on. Set trash can on table.you will put a small drain at bottom of can seal it it will drain to a reservoir in a wagon that I go fill when I get to the track 20 gallon. It's an easy build. I'll build wash cans for people. Quick connection for manifold to connect to pressure washer hose was sold next to pressure washers at my local lowes.i wish I did this last year lol.

Ok so I have built this thing and tested at home. This weekend will be first real race test at Burris Blue Grey Series race at Providence this weekend. If you have a reservoir tank and a pressure washer gas or electric you can build a wash can for less than $200 bucks. If you have a hub and scrap metal laying around you can build it for $100 in cost. It has been a busy week at work and at home getting ready for racing and building tire washer but I promise this is an easy awesome build. I will post some videos to this thread in the next week or so showing it work and all that. Anyways happy karting.

It worked pretty awesome. It's not perfect yet and I have some things I want to do to it but it's a good start.

Back