Tire/wheel sizes slick Hoosiers

cubicinches

There's a track I'm looking at running that requires slicks, and I've been running treaded Burris tires on my kart, with a Bridgestone on the left front because it's one I had, and it handles great with these sizes, so I'd like to stay as close to keeping the same kind of stagger and rollout all the way around as possible. And I know they're not anywhere close to what you guys run these days, but it works for me and handles nice. That's the sizes I've had on the kart since I started racing back in 2000.
Sizes are as follows:
LF: 11x6x5 5" wide wheel
RF: 11x7x5 6" wide wheel
LR: 11x7x5 8.75" wide wheel
RR: 12x8x6 10" wide wheel

I understand that I'll need to run 6" wheels all the way around with the Hoosiers, but the Hoosiers seem like the best bang for the buck with my budget. If you could help me get some idea of which sizes to go after and maybe keep my similar setup, I'd appreciate it. I run close to 1 3/4" rear stagger most of the time and 1 1/2" up front. Also I'm not sure if the 10" wheel you would normally run on the right front would clear my spindles. Probably not actually. I'm racing with older equipment than most people, but I'm working with what I have at a local level just to have something fun to do while I'm in college until I can afford a race car. So don't hate on my old stuff. Lol. Here's some pictures of my kart if that helps you any. It's nothing fancy by any means, but it still handles and goes around a racetrack pretty alright.

Give us a call. Lots of Hoosier options you could go with.
Also, Hoosier does have 5" tires if you really want to stick with that - not a problem.

We've got several backyard tracks locally that started out with a few guys running karts just like yours.

That's not old...
That's old school cool - as is the truck in the background. ;)

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I appreciate your help! I'll definitely be giving you a call if I decide to pick up a set of Hoosiers. And thank you about the truck haha!

Love it man...that is cool as heck....LOL...brings back many memories....love the brake system and all ...little skinny header pipe....just something to have a lot of fun on....buddies come over and zip around on....Carlson will help you...right up his alley...he likes stuff like this to....not often many others post pictures of their karts on open forms on here....you should get a lot of response about it....got the ol cattle gate bumper on er and check out the chunk of lead....wow....that chunk alone must be worth $100...LOL...cool....plus all the tools ever needed laying right beside er to work on it....LOL....

Haha thanks man! That chunk of lead was free actually haha. Wheel weights, and I work at a tire store. I had to add 30 pounds to get up to the 330 lb weight rule. Kart only weighs 150 without me in it with no lead. And I don't have anything to hide haha just an old kart. The only time I use the brakes is when I'm pulling into the pits and to slow down during cautions so it's completely adequate. I'm just looking to build a clone so maybe I can get on the same page with these new guys, and who knows, maybe I'll do a little beating up on some PRC's with a completely homemade kart with a drum brake and 5" wheels from 1998! Lol

Back