tires

what brand of tires are all natural rubber and witch ones are not

There are NO tires made of ALL NATURAL RUBBER. All tires have synthetic compounds mjxed in with the rubber. All natural rubber would not hold up .
Unless Burris has it's own rubber plantation, it has to buy it's rubber and mix the synthetic compounds in its own banburys to it's grade of durometer specs.
They can also buy raw rubber compounds from any major rubber company and mill it, lay up the cords and then cure it in their own molds.

You can tell just by feeling of them usually which tires are the synthetic rubber and which are more natural rubber. Burris feel like they have very little if any synthetic rubber but im sure there is some....while Maxxis, Vega, Unilli and others like them feel more like soft plastic than they do like rubber

You can tell just by feeling of them usually which tires are the synthetic rubber and which are more natural rubber. Burris feel like they have very little if any synthetic rubber but im sure there is some....while Maxxis, Vega, Unilli and others like them feel more like soft plastic than they do like rubber
It makes me wonder; why would world powers in the world of kart tires, use something that is inferior in the making of their tires. Do you suppose they're just not aware of what makes a good tire? Am I to believe that Mike Burris is more knowledgeable in the building of tires than these world powers?

It makes me wonder; why would world powers in the world of kart tires, use something that is inferior in the making of their tires. Do you suppose they're just not aware of what makes a good tire? Am I to believe that Mike Burris is more knowledgeable in the building of tires than these world powers?

Its all about $ there trying to keep cost down. Rubber cost more than Plastic. But in the mean time there making Billions

Its all about $ there trying to keep cost down. Rubber cost more than Plastic. But in the mean time there making Billions
am I to assume then, that Mike works on a smaller profit margin. Even though his volume is probably quite a bit less than the others??

There's lots of other things I could say but I don't want this.......................

Al i'm sure of one thing. Mike knows more about making tires than you and I do and sure that they have a lab or access to one for their production of racing tires. If you would read some of their posts in their forum you could actually learn alot about what actually goe's into their tires to make the different compounds. I have great comfidence in their tires as long as you use them as they recommend.

Al i'm sure of one thing. Mike knows more about making tires than you and I do and sure that they have a lab or access to one for their production of racing tires.
You must most assuredly be right, and I agree, Mike knows more than me because I don't know anything about tires. And you can be sure about anything you want, but that don't make it so.

One thing amazing about my ex-wife, whenever I convinced her she was wrong, she started discussing moments that I wasn't. Whether these moments had anything to do with what we were talking about or not.

Tires

I have a question.
What is the better choice/brand you prefer?
Do you go by cost/compound?
Actually two questions. :D

Most of us go by what we have to use at the tracks where we race, due to tire rules at most tracks. However, when a track has no tire rules or is open tire choices, most people use the dominant tire in that part of the country, or have a few different brands in the trailer. In the southeast, you see mostly Maxxis being used at the tracks, maybe Unilli at a couple of them and Kings. In the Midwest you see Burris, Hoosier, and Vega, same for the Northeast. Here where I race, maxxis is rarely fast, Burris and Vega are what wins races most nights. But anywhere you go, any tire brand can be fast and work under the right conditions. It usually takes a track with good bite for maxxis to be anywhere near fast, usually always true red clay tracks. Burris and Vega work best on your average "field dirt or creek silt" dirt like you see at alot of the Burris tracks. This is all just my opinion, what I see and experience each weekend. I use only Burris and Vega where I race ln Ky.

Back