Track Claw

Millenium32

What is track claw??? I see people using it all the time on 33a's. Is it a cleaner or does it help dry out the tire to keep it from getting soft?

They make a cleaner and I think have seen a prep for bite made by them also, can't remember for sure since its been awhile since I seen any of that. I have never used any of their products myself.

Check out their directions for internally treating the tire with that product, at the bottom of the page....talk about funny, must been invented by some rednecks lol....

**** OPTIONAL APPLICATION ON INTERIOR OF TIRE ****
POUR 10 – 12oz OF TRACKCLAW INTO REAR TIRES AND WHILE THE CAR IS UP ON JACKSTANDS. CRANK UP CAR AND LET RUN 3-5 MINUTES TO INSURE COMPLETE DISTRIBUTION THROUGHOUT INTERIOR OF TIRE. FRONT TIRES CAN BE DONE IN SAME MANNER.

Id think that would lock a kart down quick and kill a set of tires, must be some real good stuff to completely soak up 10-12 oz in 3-5 mins lol

Check out their directions for internally treating the tire with that product, at the bottom of the page....talk about funny, must been invented by some rednecks lol....

POUR 10 – 12oz OF TRACKCLAW INTO REAR TIRES AND WHILE THE CAR IS UP ON JACKSTANDS. CRANK UP CAR AND LET RUN 3-5 MINUTES TO INSURE COMPLETE DISTRIBUTION THROUGHOUT INTERIOR OF TIRE. FRONT TIRES CAN BE DONE IN SAME MANNER.

Id think that would lock a kart down quick and kill a set of tires, must be some real good stuff to completely soak up 10-12 oz in 3-5 mins lol

Thats for a car. A few still use Track Claw, but not seen as much as was years ago, and mostly mixed with another prep.

We use Track Claw after we clean Burris tires to pull out all the prep and open the pores. It truly helps maintain hardness of tire during a day of racing.

Thats for a car. A few still use Track Claw, but not seen as much as was years ago, and mostly mixed with another prep.

The link he posted clearly said it was formulated for KART tires. Read the link lol

"TRACK CLAW® TIRE STRENGTHENER KART FORMULA, is custom formulated for Kart racing tires and designed to strengthen and vulcanize the rubber of the tire by becoming part of it. The Kart formula is a non-oily treatment that gives incresased traction and dramatic tire life to softer compound tires."

The link he posted clearly said it was formulated for KART tires. Read the link lol

"TRACK CLAW® TIRE STRENGTHENER KART FORMULA, is custom formulated for Kart racing tires and designed to strengthen and vulcanize the rubber of the tire by becoming part of it. The Kart formula is a non-oily treatment that gives incresased traction and dramatic tire life to softer compound tires."

I'd have to argue that the note at the bottom of the page is instructions for a car

POUR 10 – 12oz OF TRACKCLAW INTO REAR TIRES AND WHILE THE CAR IS UP ON JACKSTANDS. CRANK UP CAR AND LET RUN 3-5 MINUTES TO INSURE COMPLETE DISTRIBUTION THROUGHOUT INTERIOR OF TIRE. FRONT TIRES CAN BE DONE IN SAME MANNER

The 10-12 Ozs inside a car tire is what i was referring to what you said about it earlier.
I can read, and i know what this prep is used for.

This part here, and then you said you would think that would lock down a kart.
I was letting you know thats for a car.

I reckon they need to reword their stuff to say its for car tires instead of saying its formulated for kart tires then telling them to put 10-12oz inside the tire and start it up. This company obviously has no clue about how kart tires are prepped and is just trying to push their products in another market or something to bring more money in. They wouldn't have repeat customers if people followed those directions. Was just saying what was clearly written on their site, I know that you are no stranger to tire prep and how it works Earl, not trying to dispute that at all.

your copy paste said when the CAR is on jackstands.... not Kart. I've used 10/12oz ballpark in 600 micro tires once, took a bit to soak in but the customer was extremely happy with the performance...

"**** OPTIONAL APPLICATION ON INTERIOR OF TIRE ****
POUR 10 – 12oz OF TRACKCLAW INTO REAR TIRES AND WHILE THE CAR IS UP ON JACKSTANDS. CRANK UP CAR AND LET RUN 3-5 MINUTES TO INSURE COMPLETE DISTRIBUTION THROUGHOUT INTERIOR OF TIRE. FRONT TIRES CAN BE DONE IN SAME MANNER."

Lol people your missing the whole point I was trying to make here, that the product was advertised as being formulated for kart tires, and being sold as kart tire prep, not cars. The only part in their ad that says anything about cars is the part at the very bottom which you guys are talking about. I have seen alot of guys, even on this site, refer to karts as cars because they come to karts from another form of racing like late models or stock cars, microstock and minicup, so they have the habit of referring to car when they mean kart. I'm sure it is a product that was made for car tires and the ad was just re-written to try and get their product into another market and bring in more money, I'm not disagreeing with y'all on that at all! Most people would read their ad and know that the stuff is not made for use with kart tires even though the ad says it is, but not everybody will see that or catch that, especially people who are new to kart racing or new to doing their own tire program instead of getting tires from someone who does the work for them.

The 10-12 Ozs inside a car tire is what i was referring to what you said about it earlier.
I can read, and i know what this prep is used for.

This part here, and then you said you would think that would lock down a kart.
I was letting you know thats for a car.

Yup, those instructions are just a copy and past from the Original Track Claw

Discuss as you wish, but even if it was straight acetone it wouldn't be absorbed in 3 to 5 minutes.
We have all rolled enough tires to know this is a disaster in the making. Tires need to roll, Car or Kart, way more than 5 minutes.

This should be one of the key points of discussion in my opinion.
Randy

Discuss as you wish, but even if it was straight acetone it wouldn't be absorbed in 3 to 5 minutes.
We have all rolled enough tires to know this is a disaster in the making. Tires need to roll, Car or Kart, way more than 5 minutes.

This should be one of the key points of discussion in my opinion.
Randy

thats what I was saying Randy, we roll kart tires for hours, sometimes a day or more, and I know for a fact that late model and stock car guys don't jack their car up on stands and crank the engine to roll prep either, the ones I know use a tire roller similar to what we use for karts but on a bigger scale, and even then they do it for 3-4 hour minimum, most 12 hours or more to be sure it is fully absorbed into the tire. That whole ad for track claw looks to be written by someone with zero experience with prepping tires for racing, thats all I was trying to get at here.

Back