Track locations and addresses...........Wonder Why?

DarthDuck

Track owners, operators and promoters routinely post their tracks name, ongoing and upcoming events, classes, fees, and prizes and awards...........but, rarely, if ever..........post the location or address of the track.........

I wonder why that is?

facebook is used for everything now, at first I disliked it my self. I do more business on facebook then when I had my online store. Even my kids travel teams post all there pictures up and games info. I called for a price about a trailer the other day, (new) guy sent me to his facebook page lol
check out gokart trading post.

Track owners, operators and promoters routinely post their tracks name, ongoing and upcoming events, classes, fees, and prizes and awards...........but, rarely, if ever..........post the location or address of the track.........

I wonder why that is?

Vote for stupid.

I think they forget that this is a world wide forum. They assume that everyone knows which state, county and city that "Speedbowl Speedway" is located. As a track owner/promoter they need to assume that no one know the address.

facebook is used for everything now, at first I disliked it my self. I do more business on facebook then when I had my online store. Even my kids travel teams post all there pictures up and games info. I called for a price about a trailer the other day, (new) guy sent me to his facebook page lol
check out gokart trading post.

A kart track is not something that you order and have shipped to your door............usually, track operators want folks to drive to their track to spend money, then have fun.

But, it seems track operators tend to want to keep their location a secret........or at least a mystery for interested folks to attempt to solve.

Seems to me that posting the track address should be one of the most important items to post at the start of every track thread..........and in the body of the thread if it goes into multiple pages.

A kart track is not something that you order and have shipped to your door............usually, track operators want folks to drive to their track to spend money, then have fun.

But, it seems track operators tend to want to keep their location a secret........or at least a mystery for interested folks to attempt to solve.

Seems to me that posting the track address should be one of the most important items to post at the start of every track thread..........and in the body of the thread if it goes into multiple pages.

Wow,,,,, I never thought this day would come, but I have to agree with the Duck.

If the tracks would include their location, or Bob's had a thread for all the tracks to give directions to their locations, it would be much easier to decide where to race on a given weekend. The tracks may draw a few more participants also by doing this.

go to track locations on bobs site and you will find what you need

An interested racer should not have to go anywhere to "find" a track's address..........especially a track that is promoting itself with postings of racing dates, classes, prizes and awards, etc.
The addresses of these events should be in the first post............then in other posts of multiple page discussions.

Wow,,,,, I never thought this day would come, but I have to agree with the Duck.

If the tracks would include their location, or Bob's had a thread for all the tracks to give directions to their locations, it would be much easier to decide where to race on a given weekend. The tracks may draw a few more participants also by doing this.

thats what the track section was intended for,,,,then it turned into free advertisement for their event instead of results and location

There are websites hat are the same way for tracks. You really have to dig on the site just to find A address or an Email to ask were it is!?

Wouldn't hurt if we had a spot for stickys for tracks, addresses and schedules with a working contact #s for more info. most tracks that are established have web sites to help answer your questions.

Wouldn't hurt if we had a spot for stickys for tracks, addresses and schedules with a working contact #s for more info. most tracks that are established have web sites to help answer your questions.

Right now, the Track Forums are the place for tracks to post their track name, complete address, contact info and numbers, schedules, and special events.

If tracks want racers to go to their website for info..........all they need to do is post their website link...........nothing else, in the Track Forums.

Take the hint from auto dealerships..................in every ad, whether that ad be in print, radio, television, or video.............the dealership address is always prominent in that ad.
If potential customers have to "go looking for information", the more likely they are to be diverted to a competitor's location.

My feet are getting VERY COLD....... Hell must be freezing over cause I am agreeing with Ducky too !! Now I have to wonder.....is it me? Or is it he ....that is changing? LMAO

Very good points Ducky !

Thank you Mr. Duck. I just posted our track address in our track schedule thread. Sometime we all assume everyone just knows where the tracks are...

Back