Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

I'm looking for some help. I have some new maxxis tires id like to prep for a race coming up. As far as inside prep goes, I don't want to drop the duro, but would like to add bite. The tires currently duro about 62-64 I have Ruby, kryptonite, orange, and black sands on hand. I know ruby can be used as inside prep but compared to kryptonite, how does it effect the duro? Are there any inside preps I should order in the future for this?

Thanks

I'm looking for some help. I have some new maxxis tires id like to prep for a race coming up. As far as inside prep goes, I don't want to drop the duro, but would like to add bite. The tires currently duro about 62-64 I have Ruby, kryptonite, orange, and black sands on hand. I know ruby can be used as inside prep but compared to kryptonite, how does it effect the duro? Are there any inside preps I should order in the future for this?

Thanks

The Ruby would be your best option. The Ruby will not soften the tire like the Kryptonite will. Every ounce will soften the tire around 1 point.

Chris,

Could you compare and contrast 50/50 BTGP/Grape vs. Topaz? Want to keep things relatively simple with one external soft track prep with the top contenders being BTGP/Grape, Topaz, or Krug Green. Any insight and advice?

Can sqs be cut with something so it won’t be to aggressive for the inside. Running in the south on a high bite track maxxis. Thanks

Chris,

Could you compare and contrast 50/50 BTGP/Grape vs. Topaz? Want to keep things relatively simple with one external soft track prep with the top contenders being BTGP/Grape, Topaz, or Krug Green. Any insight and advice?

The BTGP/Grape mix will soften a little more and in my opinion is a better weekly prep. The Topaz adds more bite and is a better at the track wipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Can sqs be cut with something so it won’t be to aggressive for the inside. Running in the south on a high bite track maxxis. Thanks

I agree with above. AT-2 is what I would cut it with to reduce the aggressiveness.

How can I learn what preps mix with what and what doesn't. I use Trac Tac exclusively, so I am only interested in your products. Thank you!

How can I learn what preps mix with what and what doesn't. I use Trac Tac exclusively, so I am only interested in your products. Thank you!

We routinely use ruby/mint, ruby/blacksand, ruby/blue, and red/grape mixtures. All these mix well and go into the tire pretty quick. Are the any specific preps you want more info on?

I've bought the mint in the small pint bottle and in quart bottles both, pretty sure they sell it in gallons also. My only complaint with that prep is the price, it works well but it is hard to justify spending that much on prep. It works great though and I've used it alot.

which of the tracktac products are for internal and which are for external? and, which are for both?

I'm looking for something that isn't overly aggressive. Running down south, high bite maxxis tracks.

also, any advice on what to use on a bit of a dusty track?

I have some Topaz and am curious as to the best use for it for Midwest tracks with low bite and dusty. Is it better as a softener or does it add bite (if so how much compared to other preps). From what I have read I believe it will soften and add bite. I just added this to my prep selection I generally use grape, btgp, black sand, sqs, gk1, hotlap 2 and acrysol in various ways. Thank you Ted

Topaz in my experience is the same as flattop1, softener with bite, pretty aggressive both ways. The Rough Cut Diamond is something you might want to look into in the track tac line, it is definitely an aggressive bite building prep and works very well in the loose dirt conditions.

How does SQS and Sapphire compare ? Hard Track prep, Medium prep, Aggressive prep ?
Certain track condition either are best for ?

You are correct. The SQS is a PRW for colder weather or when the track is low bite. The Sapphire can be used on harder tracks with Medium bite.

Back