Tragedy in Texas

How could there be a braided cable at head height for her to hit? I don't know the details, but that seems wrong.

I thought the same thing. From what I can gather that cable was a couple hundred yards away from the run of area.

OMG....Things like this should not 'be allowed' too happen!! My "heart-felt" Condolences and Prayers go out too her family!

From the pictures I've seen they appeared to have had a bunch of cones set up in the parking lot. I've been to TMS many times and they have those posts and cables all over the place sectioning it off. I just can't believe how irresponsible the organizers appear to have been leaving something like that exposed. Tragedy is bad enough but tragedy because of stupidity is the worse, that's how I feel.

Not enough in the pics I saw to analyze what happened...
I hope a thorough analysis is made, and steps taken to avoid future tragedy...
I was taught, and teach anyone I introduce, to crank the wheel into a tight turn and hit the brake and kill switch if things get out of control... But sometimes it just hits the fan and there's nothing you can do...
RIP, and condolences to her family...

I spoke to someone who was there when this happened. The cable was at the end of the 270ft stop area at the end of the course. From what he said, the throttle didn't stick, but she did fail to stop for whatever reason.

RIP.

RD9MSUp.jpg

The event was an SCCA sanctioned AutoX. Food for thought on how kart safety is looked at for those events perhaps. Wish it could be under better circumstances.

Back