Trailer size for a single go kart

Phineas

Could a 5x10 trailer work for a single go kart operation? I would like to go with a 6' wide, but I need to fit in my garage that has a 7' clearance.
Or does anyone know if you can get a 6x10 that is like 6'-8" tall or so?

Thank You.

I've lived with 5x10 for a while, but opted to go back to a 6x10 or 6x12. That extra foot makes a BIG difference in usability. with the 5'er you have to squeeze around the kart to do anything when it's in the trailer....with the 6' you can work on the kart from the side more easily, and also get in/out with kart in trailer when it's pouring rain and you're trying to pack in a hurry....lol And I sold my extra tall so I can squeeze it in the garage if needed. Just make sure if it clears when loaded that it still clears when unloaded.....or put another way, if it's close on clearance, load 'er up over the springs! :)

Thanks. Just talked to a place that will customize a 6x10 to be at the height I need. And not change any extra.

We ordered a 6x10 Stealth Liberty with the customized height. I think mine is 6 1/2'. I'm not quite 6' tall and can stand up in the trailer just fine. I smoke my head on the rear ramp door every once in a while, because I have to duck down a little to get into the trailer. Just remember the air vent on the top will also take up some space.

We used to have a 5x8 and raced sprint karts with the wide wheels and we would have to take one wheel off to get it into the trailer. A dirt kart will fit into a 5 just fine though.

Back