Trailer storage and securing of Kart

Phineas

I am having a trailer custom built for my sons kart ( need to fit in my garage ). I was thinking of building 2 benches to run down each side and have storage under the seating area. Then placing kart up on the benches and secure the kart. Trailer will be 6' wide. Is this a good idea?
What is the best way to secure the kart during transport? I see some keeping it on the stand in the trailer is that a good idea?

Thank You

We put ours on the floor and take and put 2 lf front tires on the rear and I have 3 old tires folded in half put 2 under rear tires and the 3rd one goes under front if kart I never tie my kart down to me that puts stress on frame I never had a issue doing this in 20 plus years long story short I will never strap a kart down

I like the RLV stands. I strap the stand down to D rings in trailer floor and use big twist ties to secure kart to stand. The RLV stands don't bind like the folding stands while transporting in trailer with heavy karts on them. JMO

Karts (2) on the floor, bungee straps over the rear tires to d-rings on floor. Don't move at all, no stress on chassis either. Quick and easy. Joe

I think your idea to place the kart on top of your benches should work. You can tie the kart via bumpers and / or nerf bars and / or tires to the benches or sides of the trailer etc. using D rings or handle bars installed in strategic places. Those ties don't have to be so tight that they stress the frame - the kart can move around a little - just not enough to roll or fall. Unless you have a major crash on the highway I doubt your frame would get stressed more than a slight fraction of the stress it gets while racing. I would mount junk tires for transporting - it's too easy to scrape or cut one of your good racing tires while securing and transporting.

Back