Trying to reassemble

Stoner22

Im try to reassemble my cart and need to know what bolts get washers and how many and anything with a washer how does it go back together.....

Make sure you have rubber washers between the seat struts and the seat, and also between the front bumper bracket and frame bracket that holds the front bumper on, that is important so you don't bind up the chassis. Everything else, just make sure you have nylock nuts with a washer on each side and you should be good to go. Dont tighten the bumpers and Nerf bars up to where they wont move, leave them a little loose so they allow the frame to flex properly on the track. Use saftey clips on the end of every bolt you can also. Thats the best advice I can offer, safety first.

I put washers on everything. :)
Put washers on the studs for the motor, that way the nuts don't eat down into the block.

I put washers on everything. :)
Put washers on the studs for the motor, that way the nuts don't eat down into the block.

I just use flange nuts on the engine mount studs, which has worked well for me so far with no problems

What about the spindles and anything with a bearing and a heim????
The number of washers will depend on what chassis you have. I have a triton and their is a total of eight washers on each spindle that's used for adjusting cross and one washer that goes above the helm and under the castellated nut.

You probably had the same number of washers (and same sized washers) on each spindle (for height settings). Maybe you've misplaced one, or maybe they're not all the same thickness? Generally you install most of the washers under the spindle arm.

If you know who manufactured your chassis, call them or check their website for suggestions on spindle washers. Failing that, as a general rule of thumb: left spindle gets one or two washers on top of it and the rest underneath it, right spindle gets three or four washers on top and the rest underneath. Then weigh-out and adjust, followed by track tests and adjustments.

Back