Twister Base line

twistercyclone

i have a 2005 twister cyclone, heavier driver coming across the scales at 476ish lbs, weight in the class depend on track from 400-425lbs, the being 50-75lbs over weight dont bother me much but ive had a problem with the kart just being overall tight and pushing, i have my seat as far down and to the right and possible so im just looking for some numbers for a 1/5th mile semi banked track im at a loss right now with what to do, ive laid the RF to 0* camber moved the RR out to almost against the snap ring LR is about 1/4" from the frame just looking to see if i can get a decent base set up to build one from someone who has or had a kart, lat time we ran karts 13 years ago we ran ultramax
thanks all

Have you scaled it and do you know your current numbers. ?
Seat to far right, and no RF camber, LR to close to the frame is big part of your tight condition.

Yes , i agree that all seems bacwards .
The info in the thread below should be a good place to start .
(Twister cyclone )

i did scale, i dont have my numbers with me we moved the seat to the right because the left side weight was up in the 60's if i remember correctly we raced sunday in a day race and the kart was just horrible so we added cross and stuff so im not sure what the numbers are at after the changes

Yes , i agree that all seems bacwards .
The info in the thread below should be a good place to start .
(Twister cyclone )
i was looking at that one i have it wrote down but i was also told that they changed the chassis design one of them years and that the cars reacted differently to changes so im not sure if thats true or not

You need to start over, set rear hubs RR 1/2 " inside wheel to frame, LR 1" off, RF camber 2.65 neg, LF camber. 5 pos, I'd try lower cross first like 52 %, if seat is right but still 60 % left not much you can do, try for 45.5 nose which is most likely low now thus the reason for your push, is seat currently as far front as possible ? 1.5 inch front stagger,
1 1/8 " rear, if still evil handling at that look to your tires being to far off.

seat is as far front as possible, laid down as far as allowed per BMS rules which is 14" and as far right as i can get, front stagger depending on what compound i run is 1 1/4"-1 7/8" rear 7/8"-1 1/4 what i was running sunday was 1 1/4 front and 1" rear

seat is as far front as possible, laid down as far as allowed per BMS rules which is 14" and as far right as i can get, front stagger depending on what compound i run is 1 1/4"-1 7/8" rear 7/8"-1 1/4 what i was running sunday was 1 1/4 front and 1" rear
You ran Sunday at 7 stars BMS race ? were you on 55s ? or 33s ? are you planning on going to Selinsgrove on the 14th ?

yes car was totally junk, i knew i wasnt going to be good but i didnt expect to be that far off i just wanted to race lol
That's not a 1/5th mile only 1/8th mile so you need 1 1/4" rear stagger that didn't help, No RF camber was a BIG issue, If you were on 33s and they were not older 2018 punching like 62 you were off, If 55s but were older not knowing internal prep amount and you were not prepping that was an issue as well, Do you know details on tires ? how much air ?

That's not a 1/5th mile only 1/8th mile so you need 1 1/4" rear stagger that didn't help, No RF camber was a BIG issue, If you were on 33s and they were not older 2018 punching like 62 you were off, If 55s but were older not knowing internal prep amount and you were not prepping that was an issue as well, Do you know details on tires ? how much air ?
55's punching mid 50's all around prep was TS2 at the track LS2 at home

55's selinsgrove is up in the air right now maybe if i can get a race or two in and get the kart running decent its possible, i was almost 0.8 off the pace
Not to many chances to run before that race, 7 Stars this Fri night, Hunterstown next Sat night, Pennscreek both this Sat and Next.

yeah animal motor 12-60 or 61 i forget what i ended up on and yeah i know seven stars is only 1/8 but selinsgrove is a 1/5 mile sorry for the confusion trying to get something for selinsgrove so if we ever get to run there on fridays
Gearing was off should of been 13 driver, put the numbers in it I gave you for Selinsgrove, same tires, 1 " rear stagger around 8 & 9 lb air to qualify and race, start around 15/64 gearing, same prep just TS 2 race day since there already little soft.

Back