Valve springs in a HEMI

Running a BP-2 cam, DYNO calls for 26lb valve springs. I know NR sells some 18 for the Hemi but I can't find any 26lb. Soooooo

Anybody know what the seat pressure would be on a G200 18lb spring installed in a Hemi with an installed height of somewhere around .730? I don't think there would be any coil bind to speak of.

Anyone have a better idea?

I just have the regular 26lb (white stripe) in my Hemi heads. Use the std aluminum retainers and locks. I cant remember installed height, but with a MOD2, its good to go.

Pretty sure the 18# Honda's will not work, and the regular 26# clone springs will. I just sent sneaks a PM about this yesterday.

I just have the regular 26lb (white stripe) in my Hemi heads. Use the std aluminum retainers and locks. I cant remember installed height, but with a MOD2, its good to go.

With 26lb springs are you seeing any excessive lobe wear? Seat pressure would be around 40lbs at hemi head installed height.

Would my stock pushrods even survive?

Last edited:
With 26lb springs are you seeing any excessive lobe wear? Seat pressure would be around 40lbs at hemi head installed height.

Would my stock pushrods even survive?

I haven't had any wear problems. I have stock pushrods in two of them, I had one break, but I have turned them 8000+ a lot.

A Lot of Clone Springs Are Subject to Coil Bind, Due to the Shorter Installed Height on the Hemi Head,Also Valve Length is a Factor, as Well as Pressure Exerted on the Cam Due to the Shorter Installed Height;
JMO of Course
Have yall tryed the springs yet? Whats the out come

Digging up an old post, the Hemi standard installed heights are around .785" exhaust and .835" inlet. With the NR 18lb springs which are actually a HD Animal spring you end with about 25lb seat on the exhaust and 13lb on the inlet! Use the 22 or 26lb springs. With 22lb in a Hemi you get about 25lb exhaust and 22lb inlet.

Back