Valve springs

fatjet87

Where do you you guys buy your valve springs at? I have a stock predator that I want to upgrade the valve springs in to let it rev a little higher. Would you go with 10lb or 18lb? Also where to buy them at?? Are hemi head valve springs different than non hemi's, or are they the same?? Thanks guys

The springs are the same. I would go with the 10.8 springs without knowing what else is done to your motor. You can get the springs from dyno cams they have a few choices, dover has 2 different types of springs as well.

For the purpose of higher rev's, always choose a stiffer spring.
It is wise to realize that stiffer springs MAY not be legal.
It is wise also to realize the higher rpm are a leading cause of engine malfunction.
Choose your poison....and good racing to you.

Thanks guys, are there any difference between a hemi head and non hemi head when it comes to valve springs?

Thanks guys, are there any difference between a hemi head and non hemi head when it comes to valve springs?

Both heads come with disposable stock springs, as in throw them away and upgrade with a 10.8 minimum if you're upgrading parts and trying to make more power

installed height on a hemi is less so for the same spring, seat pressure is higher. Also coil bind occurs sooner so if changing cams to a higher lift cam coil bind and retainer to guide clearance should be checked.

Back