Valve stem caps

hershrod

I bought a stock animal from a friend and it has buttons between the rockers and valve stems. is this a stock or aftermarket thing?I’ve never seem them before.

Those are lash caps. They are not oem equipped on the animal or L206. They DO come on the World Formula.
They give the rocker more surface area on the valve stem to glide on and can be beneficial, although generally not needed.
If your engine came with them, chances are the builder felt that they were helpful for the cam, rocker geometry, etc. in your build.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

i thought this post was about the plastic caps on the tire valve stem and was curious to read if people were in favor of them. LOL
Yeah me too. Hey you ever cure that leaking tire you had. I had a buddy order tires from a kart shop that Ive not used and he has leaks around date code and SS 33 A area too....

Yeah me too. Hey you ever cure that leaking tire you had. I had a buddy order tires from a kart shop that Ive not used and he has leaks around date code and SS 33 A area too....
valve caps are on tires and LASH caps are on engine valves (y) .

those nipples in the tire where they leak are Allen screw heads that bolt the metal date codes into the tire molds if they used a button head or a counter sunk screw there it would probably fix the problem. Burris would have to raise the cost for spending that .84 cents

Also they will give you lower peak valve lift and lower open valve duration, so it’s going to reduce performance!

Back