vega mcs tires

i am switching to these tires to run on another track prior to this i ran els. has anyone had experience running this with prep and without prep? Vega website says in the testing they done there is no advantage to using prep on these tires. i dont wanna prep them on the inside and they not need it. will be running on a track that they keep pretty wet and will be on a 12 driver. also being it says u dont need prep will i still need to scuff them

If the track you will be running stays wet/damp -- you will want to prep them (internally and externally.)
Now, you will undoubtedly use "less" prep with the Vegas than Maxxis, but you will still want to prep them.

I have not personally run the MCS but have run the MBS plenty. The MCS are the "new and improved" yellows. I prefer to use the thick right sides and crown cut them. When the track is right for Vegas, they are tough to beat.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com

Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry

765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Just cut a set of new MCS -- I'd say they will need MORE prep than the MBS just by the feel and the lack of oil/gumminess of the tires. Should make them more durable if indeed there is less natural rubber and more synthetic. Maybe someone at TS could verify if that is the case. They definitely cut and finished nicely! :)

Brian

Just cut a set of new MCS -- I'd say they will need MORE prep than the MBS just by the feel and the lack of oil/gumminess of the tires. Should make them more durable if indeed there is less natural rubber and more synthetic. Maybe someone at TS could verify if that is the case. They definitely cut and finished nicely! :)

Brian
Let me barrow them real quick and I'll let you know how they ride lol

So are you cutting for a jr or adult driver? Jr driver needs them cut and adults need the rubber, so no cutting. Is that right?

I use thick rubber right sides and cut a profile in them all - junior or adult.
Thickness of rubber and profile needed to be cut goes beyond just the class.

Track size, amount of bite, etc figure into how much rubber you need as much or more than the class (corner entry speed & weight), in my opinion.

Back