vega red's...best condition?

Woodyjp

Im pretty familiar with vegas however I never got the chance to use a set of reds my question would be in what conditions r these tires good. I understand they r harder then the yellows. If track is wet and sandy but hard at the same time will they work? Obv you can get anything to work if prepped right but im talking about ideal stuff.

Thanks in advance

thanks but looking more for personal experience. According to Vega this is the best tire since sliced bread! I have some reason to believe others with have a differing opinion

love the red in the situation where people are normally on pinks in the mid to high 50's and up. Also when you would normally be on 'stones, but want a tire with a little more meat on it.

i run on a set of two year old red vegas on a 3/8 mile paved track...."wiggle" the kart before the start to get heat into them and they come in and grip really well. i'm on a wide open car track and can get heat into them failry quick before the green flies.....i can't say what or how they react on dirt....all i know is that they might be hard, but i run them hard....and once you get them hot, they have good grip....and i don't use any prep at all....

Back