vega tire bite for really wet track

jray1255

Any help on what to prep Vegas with on a muddy track tires are already soft just can't get any bite in them like driving in ice please help

Palmettos Soft Heavy is great for wet track, but does not matter what prep you use for wet you gotta torch it in the tire and more than one time, and yes run low air, I've ran as low as 2lb all the way around on Burris.

I agree goat and torch it in, but no matter what prep you use it needs to be torched in on a track like that. You might also have better luck reducing your air pressure split to 1/2lb split or even air pressure on both sides. You need lower cross and less left side weight for a track with no bite, and go up on cross and left as the track picks up, if it does pick up. Fts black bite is good for adding alot of bite, wipe more than one coat between races, id wipe 3 in your situation from the description you gave

If the tire is at your desired duro, Southern Comfort Purple will just add bite and wont soften, works great at doing this.
We have lots of wins on Vegas, or Maxxis, at duros of 30 or less and just using this as a bite prep.

I know they say Black Sand is for dry tracks but it worked for me on Vega's on a wet track.

It works all around. A lot of people will use Grape/BTGP to get the Vegas to the duro they want then just use Black Sand to build more bite. Always remember Black Sand is a chameleon prep, it takes on the characteristics of the prep thats already in the tire and gives it more bite.

Absolutely -- too much bite = locked down. In a stock class, that will kill your corner speed. You'll see it in peak rpm loss and bigger drops - then it'll show in lap times.

vegas

brian, will your pink panther soften the vegas? If so how much?
IF you're using TT stuff, also look at Topaz and Black Sand.

Our Pink Panther is still bad fast on Vegas -- wet and slimy or dry and dusty. If it's no bite and we're on Vegas, we're using Pink panther.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

It will soften some, but it's main purpose is a conditioner. Soften 5-10 points, ok, but if you need to soften more, you would need to use a different product in conjunction with Panther. If you roll enough PP to soften more than about 10 points, you'll end up with a real heavy tire - so I don't suggest doing that. We offer better preps to bring a tire down in duro.
Thanks for asking.
Brian

Back