vortex question

Racing 28

What is the difference between 1 disc red and black 1 disc. Witch is better for Jr 2 clone.what springs do I use.

Vortex red comes with a 12 tab disk, roller levers, and a ball bearing drive system......

Vortex black comes with a 8 tab disk, roller levers, and a conventional drive system that is compatible with smc/bully style small diameter drivers......

Both are great clutches, and I would make my choice based on, how many bully style drivers you have. If you have a ton of bully drivers, purchase the black. If just starting out and you only have a couple, invest in the red. The difference in the clutch performance is debatable, but the red drive system is superior in every way.

Fast Forward Clutches can help you with either one, just give us a call or text.
James Raines

We have only used the silver springs on our karts from beginner peewee all the way up to Jr3 now. Never tried the black and you will be fine with a single disc in Jr2. We have been using SMC Vortex clutches since 2010 and nothing else. Have any questions, feel free to call or text me 803-323-7026

I was looking at smc votex clutch looks like its wider than most clutches on the market.

And which way is its mounted springs out or springs in. Hmm

clutch

We used vortex black single disc on my sons flathead all the way through gold plate. clutch worked perfect!! In fact he pulled away from all other drivers in his class.

Jex sells nice clutch guard for a jr driver and clutch should fit without any issues...
Steele is on the rt path with siver springs and info on these clutches best to give him a text or call if running a jr class like he recommended

Back