Washers Right Front spindle

Phineas

When adding washers to the bottom of the RF spindle does this add to the cross % or take away? So if my sons Kart is at 67% cross ( dirt oval ) and I want to lower it do I add to the top of the spindle or the bottom?

Thank you

Picture the kart sitting on the ground, if you raise the RF of the frame, that puts more weight on the left rear, washers on the top of the spindle (less on the bottom) raise the frame. Washers on the bottom of the spindle (less on top) lower the frame.

You can lower cross by adjusting LF washers also, just do opposite of RF I only point this out it's best to keep washers somewhat equal on each side than bottom one side out.
If you always think of it as what does it do to the tire itself, If it lowers RF tire your adding cross, If it raises RF tire your lowering cross, LF just opposite.

If its a C type spindle it will be opposite of whats posted above
Washers on top take cross out on the RF
Like Promotor mentions try to keep washers equal if possible, start on the LF first, if you move 3 washers and still need more move to the RS

If its a C type spindle it will be opposite of whats posted above
Washers on top take cross out on the RF
Like Promotor mentions try to keep washers equal if possible, start on the LF first, if you move 3 washers and still need more move to the RS

Great point ! Thank You for pointing that out !
This is why I always look at it as what it does to the tire itself, not just what you do with washers I've ran across this numerous times, guess that's just showing my age.

Thank for all the responses. It's a 15 Prowler and is set up pretty good. ( had someone who knows what they are doing scale him out etc. he has been running pretty good up front 1st-4th out of 14 karts.no wins yet, but going from always last and laps down to up front in about 8 races. I am Just looking for that small adjustment to help on nights the track is a little slicker with less bite I guess. That I can make and not screw the whole set up

Thank for all the responses. It's a 15 Prowler and is set up pretty good. ( had someone who knows what they are doing scale him out etc. he has been running pretty good up front 1st-4th out of 14 karts.no wins yet, but going from always last and laps down to up front in about 8 races. I am Just looking for that small adjustment to help on nights the track is a little slicker with less bite I guess. That I can make and not screw the whole set up

What is your current left % and cambers to go with that 67 % cross ? What class & weight ya running ?

Jr2 around 294. I can't remember the left% I have it written down somewhere but have to look for it. He was at 66% but based on changes we made and including the stagger etc. he is now at 67 running on clay with de open when track is in good shape.

"he has been running pretty good up front 1st-4th out of 14 karts.no wins yet, but going from always last and laps down to up front in about 8 races."

14 karts in a Jr race is a fair amount of karts. To be able to run up that close to the front your setup has to be close. It only took you 8 races with some setup help to get that close. At this point even though it's soon in the game your stuff must be fairly close, so I'm going to ask the following. If your setup is that close I think you may be down to fixing specific on track problems with some fine tuning adjustments, to get the little extra you need. What on track problem do you see which needs fixed to get that little extra? If your that close just throwing changes of weight to it to see what sticks, might make you go backwards and then you'll get totally confused.

What on track problem do you see which needs fixed?

In the middle to exit of the turns he was getting a little loose were he was almost drifting a little thru the turn. I could see him turning the wheel right to not spin out. But this doesn't happen all the time just the last race and everyone was saying the track was slick. Just wanted to see if I could do something besides just a year change to help him thru the turn.

Do you have a spacer behind the LF wheel that you could pull and move the LF in a 1/8 th" to a 1/4 " and not have wheel rub the spindle, If so move LF in.

Yes I have a spacer I will have to look and see if the wheel will rub.

There are some other adjustments for loose middle as well, but that's the first move I would make as long as it don't start until more middle, I'm sure Paul has some idea's as well.

Good Luck !!

Get with TJ Newton from Radical Racing in Jacksonville Fl. He is THE MAN when it comes to Prowler Chassis. He will help you out from motor .chassis and tires.

Back