washing your tires?

carter170

ive been washing tires with simple green but I heard you can use sprays like blue tire wash where you don't need water you just spray it on wait a few minutes and then wipe it of and the tire is clean what have you guys been doing to clean tires good?

TT blue wash is good. I think we've got a product (Mean Apple Clean) that is even better (at least according to my wife, who cleans all the tires for the boys and I.) ;)

Simple green will work -- BUT, it is a degreaser and will bring oils out of the rubber. The tire might feel good after cleaning with Simple green, but over time it definitely depletes the oils from the tire. Just like preps, I hear of all kinds of home brews that guys are using and happy with as well. Biggest thing is that it gets the tire clean without pulling the oils out of the tire in my opinion.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I like the TT Blue Wash, i like to clean the tires best I can with water and a scotch bright pad then blue wash them, then I clean again with acrysol usually

TT Blue is a good tire washing solvent. We mix my own Tire Wash, I feel like the one we mix don't smell as strong and it also adds some bite back into the tire(accordingly with the prep you've used).

Chop Cutz
Venom Juice
Porkchop,
812-447-3306

I like the TT Blue Wash, i like to clean the tires best I can with water and a scotch bright pad the blue wash them, then I clean again with acrysol usually

Track Tac® Blue Tire Wash with DRT was design for one purpose.
It is to be used to clean tires.
It does contain conditioners to help protect the tires.
It does help the tires stay cleaner and easier to clean.
It contains no alkali.
No other cleaner can really do as good a job in our opinion.

All the best,
Randy

Back