Weight setup advice.

Also, getting a 14 year old girl to sit still while scaling is harder than I thought. I thought my son was hard to get to sit still.

Put a phone in her hand or something to play games with, that will help just make sure she holds it in front of her as close to the steering wheel as she can

Put a phone in her hand or something to play games with, that will help just make sure she holds it in front of her as close to the steering wheel as she can
LOL, that was the problem. She doesn't play games on her phone, but she does text her friends and listen to music. Had to keep reminding her to stop dancing in her seat.

Hey JD, next time you scale it and record the #'s pick it up and turn it 180 degrees. The #'s should be the same if the scales are level.

make sure all the scale pads are hooked up to the correct cable, believe me I was all messed up one time because the pads were backwards

We just use 4 bathroom scales.
The first night went decent for my daughter. For her first night ever racing, and only driving the kart up and down a friends driveway a couple of laps she didn't finish last place. The kart was a little loose in the corners from center out, but she was able to hold it. About halfway through the feature she lost power. The engine was still running smooth, but she couldn't get up to speed. I found that after the race if I spun the rear axle by hand it would only turn about 1 turn and stop. One of the bearings was hard to turn. I am suspecting that the bearing would get hot and cause too much drag slowing her down. I replaced the bearing and the rear wheels spin free now. Tomorrow night the two of us will go out and check the valve lash, coil gap and check to make sure the carb doesn't have some junk in it. The kart had been sitting for about a year, so it is possible it has some buildup. We will also scale it and see if I can get it to stick a little tighter coming off the turns.

if it wants to " step out " on you coming off the corner take some rear stagger out, not too much just a little at a time

Back