Welch red prep for Burris 55s

Ekite

All am new to using tire prep so was wondering amount and when to use this prep on tires during week and at the track. Its for a champ buggy with purple plate 315 weight. Ultramax chassis.

Tire preps are more track specific than equipment specific, MOST red preps are aggressive if that's the case here it would not be a wipe through the week, you will need a wipe for during the week, plus a wipe for trackside, give track condition details vs equipment and you will get better info more details you can give better info you will get.

Good luck !!

Just a guess by his location I'd say he's running dumplin valley or possibly ashway. I know very little about those tracks as I've only been there once, but this could help someone help him lol

Try calling Jerry Welch, he makes the prep and lives just north if Knoxville, those tracks are in his backyard.

He can get you heading the right direction.

Yea, contact Jerry, directly for use of his red prep.
I understand that his red and our Pink Panther are very similar.
For 55s and a small plate / weight class, I'd start with a set rolled with 2 ounces inside the rights and 1 ounce inside the lefts. Then work the duro down where you want it from the outside. His red will pull the duro down when used externally, but probably not enough for where you want to be with your combination. Alot of guys will cut their red with goat early in the year too until the tracks get hard and dry. Dumplin is big and fast enough that we wouldn't roll anything internal in 33s there, but 55s I sure would. Just don't load them up and get them real heavy -- roll speed is the king on big momentum tracks and small plate racing.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanks Guys I was going to hopefully call or get with Jerry this week on prep advice. How often is internal prep needed I am not familiar with this

His red works best when the track has moisture any other time it's not gonna work so well mostly used at night at dumplin valley

His red works best when the track has moisture any other time it's not gonna work so well mostly used at night at dumplin valley

Thanks I am new to tire prepping and am trying to learn it. Do you have any recommendations for Ashway and Dumplin at this time of year for day racing? We are with a new 10 year old driver with very little track time running a jr sportsman champ with green/purple plate depending on which track. Thanks for any feed back you can PM me on here also. Thank you.

Back