WF/ Animal questions

Totally have to disagree as I raced for 20 plus years bracket racing half of which in a Pro car no electronics and half in S/P S/Gas with electronics. It takes a hell of a lot of talent to tune race figure out the math and react either on the top or bottom bulb with a delay box car. I was racing electronics before pretty much anybody as a friend of ours invented the delay box then Dedenbear stole his unpatented idea and the rest is history. All the electronics did was made tight racing even tighter. It only added a g note to a car and when we are talking about 50K cars on average that is nothing. Don't tell me it doesn't take talent to race an electronics bracket car because it does. You can be on either side of the fence but don't take away the credit a good Super class racer has as far as talent to hit the number time and time again over a weekend of racing.

Greg

Greg, sorry,I will never agree with that. I've raced in Comp, Stock, S/Gas, Super Comp and various bracket race classes with a lot of success.( over 40 years, still a Stock Elim. owner) Comp and Stock being my favorites. Delay boxes are one thing, having 7.5 sec. cars run 9.90's at a zillion mph is BS. Above all it takes a lot of mechanical expertise out of the equation and to me that is what drag racing is all about.

Thanks for all the input so far. Keep in mind that this idea is not something to replace all the participated classes on race day. I see it more as a way to keep and promote more racers that are on the fence or in storage to participate on race day. I just have never seen organized kart racing rules that do anything to help racers keep or recoup any of their original investment when they decide to step up or even stay in the newest hot class that uses THIS instead of THAT and this idea just might help with THAT LOL.
Flash-o, BS to me is when a zillion mph kart can't be raced only because it no longer fits in with others on race day.

Greg, sorry,I will never agree with that. I've raced in Comp, Stock, S/Gas, Super Comp and various bracket race classes with a lot of success.( over 40 years, still a Stock Elim. owner) Comp and Stock being my favorites. Delay boxes are one thing, having 7.5 sec. cars run 9.90's at a zillion mph is BS. Above all it takes a lot of mechanical expertise out of the equation and to me that is what drag racing is all about.

What is the difference between the high mph Super class cars most of which run at least a full second wide open faster than the class and a 9.0 pro et no electronics car in pro running a 13.99 car in the same class. You could have 50mph difference ands 5 seconds on the tree. I remember when pro was 7.99 to 13.99 so what's the difference you could have a street car up against a dragster. The super classes are awesome in my books you just race within your means. I raced my S/g car is S/st to conserve on parts no big deal. The electronics take absolutely no mechanical expertise out of any equation?? There is no pure form of drag racing anymore with all the games that get played in Stock , Super stock and Comp.
Greg

Greg, I agree. Know anybody looking to buy a D/SA ? Hey, lets get this thread get back to the topic at hand. Freeze, why not a "run-what-you- brung" fun class for all the orphan engines out there? Just pass pre-tech and have fun!

Bracket racing is fun to compete in because you can do it with a small budget. It should have never been allowed at National events. The stands empty out pretty fast when they race. I hope it never happens in kart racing. Let the checkered flag mean something!

Greg, I agree. Know anybody looking to buy a D/SA ? Hey, lets get this thread get back to the topic at hand. Freeze, why not a "run-what-you- brung" fun class for all the orphan engines out there? Just pass pre-tech and have fun!

Yes absolutely this is a kart forum sorry guys. It was just I have a ton of friends who still class race every weekend and I highly respect the skills it takes to hit a .90 number.
Had my eye on a D/SA car several years back 325 hp Huntsville 396 car was a beautiful Camaro but man just could not swing it with my Cuda still in the shop

Greg

What about the Animal Pro Gas class?
Yes, That is what I'm talking about too. Just like What about the WF class,What about the Animal class, what about the Clone class, What about the Flathead class, What about the Honda class, What about the Yamaha class, What about the reed class, Then comes... What about the light class, What about the heavy class,What about the can class, What about the pipe class,What about the old class, what about the young class.
Right now there is not a single class out of all the ones I just listed for an adult Colorado Sprint racers to race in. Bracket Racing would give class to all of them.

OK I was thinking the WF engine had a rev limiter because of the flywheel not being a billet one. am I wrong here ?

Yes, you are wrong. The WF has a limiter only as a purpose for it's intended use in a class with a rev limiter by design. The flywheel on a WF is the same as used on an Animal and when they are used on the Ltd. Mod. class 9000 rpm is common. The flywheel is not an issue.

Yes you are wrong. Although the WF flywheel is not a true billet piece it is very capable of safely going to 12,000 rpms.
However, personally i would never rev an Animal or a WF to that high of an rpm.

Back