What’s this?

zztrucker

This is an old Phantom that I’m thinking about buying if I can get all the parts it needs. I would like to find out the model and year if anyone can identify it from these pictures. The kid says it ran on a dirt track. He has the side bars but it needs a master cylinder, clutch, chain, gears, some bodywork, and tires.

Attachments

• AFE17720-7F91-403C-B7C2-D38FE8FBE852.jpeg
    AFE17720-7F91-403C-B7C2-D38FE8FBE852.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 116
  • B844BE0A-840D-4601-84CF-619EA31C34C0.jpeg
    B844BE0A-840D-4601-84CF-619EA31C34C0.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 114
This is an old Phantom that I’m thinking about buying if I can get all the parts it needs. I would like to find out the model and year if anyone can identify it from these pictures. The kid says it ran on a dirt track. He has the side bars but it needs a master cylinder, clutch, chain, gears, some bodywork, and tires.
Your going to be better off passing on that one buddy. Middle of winter right now. You can find some pretty good deals on karts 15 years newer than that one.

Your going to be better off passing on that one buddy. Middle of winter right now. You can find some pretty good deals on karts 15 years newer than that one.
Agreed! The biggest mistake made by newcomers in kart racing is buying an old beat-up POS and thinking "I can fix it up and go race." Save time, money, and heart ache and buy a modern race ready kart. Post on here what you're looking for, general location and a price range and you will find plenty to choose from.

Agreed! The biggest mistake made by newcomers in kart racing is buying an old beat-up POS and thinking "I can fix it up and go race." Save time, money, and heart ache and buy a modern race ready kart. Post on here what you're looking for, general location and a price range and you will find plenty to choose from.
I know it says ‘newcomer’ somewhere but I’m not. I raced outlaws 20 years ago. I’m just trying to get an idea what it is and if it’s worth $300 as it sits. Large seat, 4 rims, steering wheel, floor pan, and a used clone. I know it’s beat up but it’s cheaper than an $800 chassis that I have to buy rims and an engine for.

It's sort of a level of involvement type thing. I had a lot more typed, but meh. No reason to beat around the bush.

So when you ask is it worth it, then you have to be more specific. If you're planning to run in a buddies back yard on sunday, rip it up! But, If you're planning to race it competitively, absolutely not worth it. Save that $300 and put it towards a set of tires, then pony up and buy a chassis 2010 or newer.

No 200$ brakes dont work.prob worth 200 to have something to tinker on.could race it.i started out on a straight kart on oval.it atleast let me decide if i wanted to go on with it or not

No 200$ brakes dont work.prob worth 200 to have something to tinker on.could race it.i started out on a straight kart on oval.it atleast let me decide if i wanted to go on with it or not
Lol i still race hand me down stuff.🤣i have a bent triton i straightened.its a fast kart even with a kink in the rail.lmao.scales out great too.dont let someones ocd talk ya into buying 15000$ worth of karting stuff.ive ran a 270cc motor on it a 116 and i have a animal stroker on it now🤣

Back