What am I missing?

We run Jr3 winged outlaw no restrictor plate. At our local track we run AKRA Box Stock rules that state (Box Stock are Clone motors.) there is a large group we race with that has Brigs and Stratton LO206 motor. (Their series rules we run when they come to town state AKRA box-stock STYLE motors) looks like my clone but is not. Is this not the Animal motor? We run the Animals in a separate class. I have read the 206 has more bottom power where our Clone had more top end. We run with the Animals and are competitive on low turn out weekends. My Question is It seems the BS Motors are purpose built race motors built better with more consistent parts than clones so should these be together? I am looking at 2016 rules and my motors need to be done for new season. If I can not keep up and continue to run against the 206 I am considering the BS but don't want to go to other AKRA tracks to be told you need a clone to run. Any insight will be great. I don't have tons of cash to waste on more heads, cams, motor changes and then more frickin tires and the like.

Chris
It looks like you are running in Texas.. It is a bit confusing down there right now..
WE have quite a few customers in your state and they too have experienced your concerns..

The only non bias info I can offer is this.. Take a look at all the possible tracks you'd consider running.. Check the kart counts and engine type count.. If they are mixing the engines its a tough road to comply and be competitive on a regular basis.. Contact the tracks and ask them their class structure plans for 2016 before you spend a dime...

Right now each engine package is competitively priced from many fulltime businesses...
If you have the knowledge or want to learn to work on your own engine then you will need to go Clone..
If you just want to run a sealed engine program then the 206 would be your choice.
Not sure about your drive time.. Their is a Oklahoma Motorsports Swap Meet Dec 26th in Shawnee OK.. If you guys can attend I feel you will learn a lot from the couple seminars and vendors showing their products..

We are here to help if you need.. JD

Thanks JD, We have talked to a few places and they are either working on rule changes and not sure or mixing the groups. We were going to move up to 250 in 2017 so If I am going to have to spend money this year agin on motors I may as well move up now. We will try to come to the Swap Meet on the 26 and make up our minds in January.

Back