What bearing lube is recommended?

So half full= only one side of the bearings?
Saw a video where someone used white lithium and tri flow mix
This subject has been discussed many time in a lot of forums over the years.
There is no distinct advantage of one over the other. Except keep the dirt out , best as you can, replace when needed.
They have tested, leaving the shipping grease in the bearing, Ceramic bearing with super trick $8 per ounce oils.
(No oil at all, bearings did not last long). Lithium grease, regular bearing grease, used oil, new oil, slick 50, STP.
Not any measurable difference in actual racing conditions.
So pick any method that you like , just keep the bearing turning smoothly. replace as needed. Seals once you remove them , Carefully, Will last. But not the metal seal. You can buy the machined seals and they help.
This pretty much says it all, doesn't really matter what you use. Just use something, and clean them every weekend if you're using light oils.

This past Sunday I went out for the first time and turned about 80 practice laps. Yesterday I took the kart apart and cleaned it. My question is what do y’all recommend for spindle bearing and cassette bearing lube/grease? Also as far as maintenance should they be broken down completely after every outing?
I use Lucas Red Grease on the front bearings and the rear i use TriFlow

This pretty much says it all, doesn't really matter what you use. Just use something, and clean them every weekend if you're using light oils.
I've noticed that about the metal seals as of yesterday, I will purchase some rubber seal replacements. I've got lithium spray grease and break cleaner so cleaning and greasing I go. Tks guys

Back