What body is the lightest?

I ran Chavous Slipstream bodies last year. Great bodies. Bought a few Chavous Skyline+ bodies for this year and they mounted up very well. They are about 2" shorter and 1.5 lbs lighter compared to the Slipstream. As far as the "lightest body" I couldn't tell you. I like Chavous bodies for the overall sturdy construction and ease of mounting.

Lightest bodies i've come across is the Skyline+ and the Xlerator from Slack. Slipstream is my favorite body mounts the best and looks awesome. wish all bodies would get rid of the step in the nose for the Jr cut line

Lightning light has some really nice bodies. But I can't tell you if they are the lightest. Best would be to call each company or a representative and ask how much they weigh.

I made fiberglass for years still do don't sell them anymore. But the weight difference is not much between bodies. When they are made if the temperature of the resinn is cold it will be a little more. Or if the guy with the chopper gun gets a little crazy. But with the crazy prices of resin now I would think most guys making glass will try to keep the cost down buy using the least material as possible still making a good body . Buy what you think looks good.

To add to this^^^^, make sure you measure the width as some bodies are narrower and do not seem to fit as well.

the bodies i make don,t have the cut line. my molds are old i have separate for jr. I do understand why they don.t do it any moor you have to have 2 molds and ship only one body to the shop. when i was making 10 or moor a week it was a pain to make 2 differant ones. the cost of materials is crazy so they would have to pass that to you. and yes some bodies fit better.

No one mentioned carbon fiber?
May not be of any interest to you because of the cost, but that would be the lightest (and strongest if it's made right.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
i think Kevlar or an aramid fiber would be a better choice, far cheaper almost as strong, better abrasion resistance etc. i wish they would put it in the nose along the lower front.

i think Kevlar or an aramid fiber would be a better choice, far cheaper almost as strong, better abrasion resistance etc. i wish they would put it in the nose along the lower front.
Kevlar is heavier than most think. I think an aluminum body would be great if it was allowed. Aluminum might keep guys from using their kart as a battering ram.

I have carbon fiber body and seat on my uas kart. The cost is about 8 times more than glass
If you use epoxy it's crazy high. My guess it would cost me around $500. The only reason I did it I got a great deal on a end of roll of fiber and I didn't use epoxy. I got 2 years out of it.

Carbon fiber is hardly ever done correctly. if you are laying it up like fiberglass with a brush and roller you are wasting your time. it needs to be Pre Preg or vacuum infusion with no excess resin, the heavy part. high strength areas are laid up with uni directional cloth in bias ply layers for strength and less of the pretty twill weave outer layer that people associate with carbon fiber.

Back