What chassis do I have?

Zach Ball

Hey everyone! New to karting and got my 7yr old a used cart for us to have a little fun with. Was wondering if anyone could help me identify what chassis this is, seems like it's a little older.

IMG_20200725_193228177.jpg

flattop1

Dawg 89
:):):) it looks like a green one . And Fun .
I would say mid too late 90's . Is the frame rail 1 1/4 inch diameter ?
Better pics of the spindles and rear bearing hangers would help .

Zach Ball

Rodger that, thanks. I'll get some better pics! Also looking for general info on what I should be looking for as far as giving it a quick once over. Got the pedals and seat moved up and made sure the brakes were working well first.

flattop1

Dawg 89
If its a first time driver a kill switch is alway handy one they can reach .
Brakes are most important . Most take dot5 not dot 3 . So be sure of that before adding or changing . If they work good , leave eM be .
Good clear instructions .
Obviously helmet , goggle or something to keep dirt and sand out the eyes depending on helmet style . gloves , long pants and shirt . A safe place too drive . Not the street .

95 shaw

Premium User
If its a first time driver a kill switch is alway handy one they can reach .
Brakes are most important . Most take dot5 not dot 3 . So be sure of that before adding or changing . If they work good , leave eM be .
Good clear instructions .
Obviously helmet gloves long pants and shirt . A safe place too drive . Not the street .
To add to that, I like a long zip tie on the sparkplug wire so it can be shut off by some one outside the kart.
I've seen a couple either get away, or brakes fail and the young ones are so busy just trying to drive it around that they forget where the switch is.