What do you think of the new qualifying in Nascar?

I love it so far ... 1000x better than single car qualifying, I was getting to the point where I wouldnt even watch Qualifying but this is good

I was underwhelmed and also mildly amused at how the talking heads were hyping it as being exciting. Like watching paint dry.

The talking have to try to make everything sound like the second coming. NASCAR has made everything so cookie cutter in order to make sure their big name guys are up front every weekend, it's taken all the excitement out of it. WWE on wheels.

I'm a big fan of F1 and I like the way they qualify. The whole field gets a chance to qualify on the same track with the same ambient conditions. The 1st race is this month and qualifying will be on a Saturday, (Saturday, there, not sure if it's Saturday, here, (Not sure if the international dateline comes into play.) maybe take a look and see what you think.
At the I KF nationals one year, in the morning I was really fast, but by the time qualifying time came round, the air density had changed so much, my set up was no longer good.

I thought it was great. Added a new wrinkle to the experience. I believe it will get better after they tweak the rules and the teams figure out how to use the new system to their advantage.

I don't like it. I like single car runs better, and like the idea of qualify your way in.....the old days.

But NASCAR probably doesn't care what I think.....and that's OK. I have fun on my own track.

not to change the subject but last nite while watching the maxxis race on kartsport it was mentioned that hermie sadler has his own kart team and it sounds like there going to start a line of new products.

The only thing I would change about it is the 3 rounds at the big tracks ... I think they should all be 2 rounds, 30 min then 10 min

I would love to see heat races and then race the main event the same day, only make the main event a much smaller feature. Lets watch them race instead of just burning laps until it's time to race. You would see far more aggression and much better WWE.

Back