What gear would you run, engine capable of 9 grand...

How big is the track, what times are leaders running, what speeds are they showing on their Mychron?

I'm no motor guy, but I'd be questioning the capability of that engine being able to turn that kind of rpm, The karts in the video I watched seem very slow for that size of track.

I was thinking exactly what @racing promotor was thinking, maybe should have clarified that wasn't you. The track seems to have pretty tight corners. What is the current gearing you're running, or what are others in the class you'll be in running? Do you know the drop in the corners?

Work on your tires, work on your karts handling, breath and turn the wheel the the least you have to in order to make the turn w/out dropping too many rpms or roll speed,and then lay back into the throttle and blast down the straightaway .That's what the late Jeff Prillaman always told me, and to Breath.

What engine were those kids on ?
My son the red 56 car is on a honda block with only a .275? cam. The others are built predators.
I was thinking exactly what @racing promotor was thinking, maybe should have clarified that wasn't you. The track seems to have pretty tight corners. What is the current gearing you're running, or what are others in the class you'll be in running? Do you know the drop in the corners?
Negative as I wasn't paying attention to my tach in the adult class, my son is using a 12/60 gear.

9 out of 10 guys might give you the same answer and if this track is like every other dirt track I have seen, they could be wrong depending on track conditions at the moment. Put on some gears that seem appropriate, hit the track and see where youre at. In 10 minutes you can change both the rear gear and driver to gear more towards what you want if you didnt get it right the first time. We typically change gears at least once every race night to keep up with the track changes. Start watching your lap times instead of being fixated with the tach. You might even find that 9000 rpms while on the track isnt the sweet spot in that motor.

Didn't mean to b a a.. 9000 caught my attention.. love those limited’s
All good, here is my build list, told the guy I ordered from that I wanted one for 9000...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-142155_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-142155_OneDrive.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 24
looking at that track the turns seem to pinch off pretty good and it’s definitely not a momentum track … I’d start on a 12 as well. If it’s not working for ya and overpowering your setup and tires the easiest way to make it more docile is to take gear out of it. Throw a 13/14 on it till you get the tires and setup right.

Thank you, the corners are definitely tight, almost like a drift through corner, and both corners are different, like Darlington in a way

Back