What is the best casting number?

ftgokie

I need to get a few extra heads as spares and need to know what is the best casting number to get? I see TG-1, JT-109, JT-136, JT-03.....

Which one is the better casting to have, and what in the world is the difference?

Thanks for the answers guys!
Shawn

I recently researched this forum on this topic and my results were the tg-1 is the best flowing head but lacks some material around one of the heads bolts which makes it weak around the bolt which leads to blown head gaskets

I am pretty sure Dover Power wrote the post I read about the tg-1 head but I am also looking for 1 and will take my chances on it would much rather have the better flowing head

It is inside the head under the rocker arms.
Some had a problem with the seats, if over 450*f.
I have one with no problems, and it does flow well at lift from.050-.250...

As with all heads some are better than others...

see that is the thing going by casting numbers only, some are good some are not so good.
even Honda... we have some Honda 14cc and 22cc heads that flow great, some not so... the JT109's we have do not flow well at all... the TG1's we have do, we have a older JT97 that is good.
but, what you can do to them is another thing...

Agree that the jt 05 heads from dyno cams seems to be a very nice casting, I have 2 on new red motors. Also have a jt123 on a bsp engine that is a nice clean casting

Who would I buy a nice flowing head from. I know some builders and DIYers have found the secret to blueprinting heads and they go thru tech. where is the just right place to touch without getting DQed

Back