What sort of bodywork do you run?

Devil-D-Dawg

I've been thinking about buying a M&M roadcourse body - does anyone run these?

The only thing that is holding me back is that a traditional CIK body seems much better for tuning and adjustment access.

Anyone care to share an opinion?

I have run the M&M pro series with the connecting side panels. Access is a bit of a pain but it looks nice. Held up pretty well all things considered. I have run the nose with non connecting side panels in the past. Works very well and still allows easy access to castor (Caster?) and camber adjustments. Saves a couple pounds. More room for baconators.

Jason. Caster is for weight jacking. Caster is to mix your 2cycle fuel.

To the question asked....If you are at a fast track go with the big nose. More aerodynamic. Small track and you want it easier to work on stick with cik body.

Jason. Caster is for weight jacking. Castor is to mix your 2cycle fuel.

There you go :)

Depending on where you want to race, some tracks or series require the CIK bodywork. Given the choice, the M&M is more aerodynamic and provides a sense of security that the teeny tiny CIK pods do not. Plus the M&M is easier to apply graphics to.

We have been using the M&M body kits with full sides as well as the flat sides on our Margays for a number of years...
They fit well are sturdy and have lasted a couple of years in some cases. Your choice on the access you want for adjustment... Full sides or the flat side panels..

With the M&M option - and when referring to the non-connected panels, are you talking about the champ sides that M&M offers? (i.e. the road course nose + flatsides?)

Thanks for the assist!

I used full plastic nose with flat sides on my MGM and it worked good for me. Didn´t have to change nose in 3 seasons and is still good. Maybe I was too nice?

Our track requires CIK bodywork. Due to availability being next to nothing on the black bread box kits I re-bracketed my nerf bars for KG Evo bodywork(I needed the space inside the side pod to clear the 420cc clone too).

I've used the M&M body for several years now. As far as not having access, I mount mine with dzus buttons and if I need to gain access, it's very easy to remove the body sides. I love the M&M bodys. They are a great fit and almost no trimming like the other bodys, and....they look nice.

M&M Body

M&M nose with Champ sides

Attachments

• Andy Kart.jpg
    Andy Kart.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 73
Back