Whats best oil for ceramic bearings ?

Gasoline is not the safest idea, especially if there are smokers about!! A light mineral spirit if you want to wash out,
and a light oil, sewing machine works well, don't be frighted if you use too much oil, the bearing will get rid of the excess
it does not need.

Never thought Triflow was much good when it comes to bearings!!

Richard King
Speed Karts, Inc.,

I used to soak in gasoline which works great but leaves me smelling like gas which sucks. I didn't worry about a fire because I don't smoke and I'm smart enough to not do it around fire, Sorry I really couldn't help myself But in recent years I've had great success boiling them in water then blowing them dry, once dry I put a few drops of 3 in 1 oil in them and roll them around. I've done this with ceramic bearings and non ceramic it works just the same. You can find 3in1 oil at any parts store.

phantom ceramic oil.
I have been thinking though the ford awd trans oil would be good , constant velocity trans with a chain for the drive belt.

I have had a better idea, pure de gummed castor, available from the local pharmacy.
This what was used to lubricate the Air Bearings on various Space Shuttles, should be
good enough for a Go Kart.

Richard King
Speed Karts

Triflow, completely useless for roller chain, roller chain is a series of plain bearings, linked together, it is most unlikely to get inside
all the rollers, and lubricate, that is why chain comes pre greased.

Arguing against Tri-Flow on here is like preaching against the bible.

I am still wanting to see the technical data to see load shearing for Tri-Flow. Can't believe it's sufficient.

Is using an oil for regular bearings going to do some type of damage? Why does PRC send/sell a specific ceramic bearing oil with them.

well, i have found the best to clean them out with is wd40, in between practice and race i clean out again, i had bearing last 4 three years and never showed any wear,,,

Triflow, completely useless for roller chain, roller chain is a series of plain bearings, linked together, it is most unlikely to get inside
all the rollers, and lubricate, that is why chain comes pre greased.
very good points! You should try LPS 2, it's a penetrating lubricant that gets into the rollers. Good for bearings too. No need to remove the seals. Front wheel bearings really good. That squeaky hinge on the front door goes right away.

Back