What's the deal with these darn 33's?

So what would be the recommended wheels size for Burris tires based on statement above from Burris Tires? Have some new tires coming and have some practice time before next race so would like to try out different wheel widths.

"The rim width (10") that most of you run takes bite out of the tire so then you put chemicals and/or drop the air pressure to get it back. lol Obviously its all about combination y'all have painted yourself into a corner."

You can put the right sides on 9" or 9 1/2" wheels to stand the sidewall up more and give the tire more natural bite, but in my opinion this hurts roll speed. I would rather stretch the sidewalls out on 10-10 1/2" wheels and use chemicals to get the bite I need than to sacrifice roll speed for bite.

My favorite set of tires are ss33a's on 9-1/2" whls in conjunction w/ B33a's on the LS 6-1/2 & 8-1/4 ,I only use prw on the left front and rights and do nothing to the LR except wash it between runs. Not into prepping much .

c.doxee "Wish they would make the 33's with 55's side wall!!!" Wanna know a little secret? They have the same sidewall! The rim width (10") that most of you run takes bite out of the tire so then you put chemicals and/or drop the air pressure to get it back. lol Obviously its all about combination y'all have painted yourself into a corner. :)

Okay, thanks. Sure doesn't seem the same. Can you answer this? Why is it that a 33's rolls over on the side then?
33'ss to 55's same size tires and rims both sets. Maybe you can help!

I actually have been teched for rim widths.

All of the fast UAS guys were on 33A's for the UAS nationals and it was an open tire rule. If 33's wearing out and or slowing down during the race would have been an issue the top 5 finishers would not have ran them. And if any kart will punish a tire its a UAS kart.

Also, I am sure in some areas the 55's may be the tire of choice over the 33's, but in a lot of areas and the majority of the places I have raced the 33's are a better choice.

The wider wheels like 10 1/2" aren't going to help on the low-medium bite stuff like most tracks around here, but I do keep a couple sets around for the high bite tracks where they do help free up the kart. Normally where I race we use 9 3/4" or 10" right sides

Good info. So how much does the diameter grow and side bite would you gain with an 810 on a 9.0 or 9.5 wheel? Soon a low bite track wouldn't this cause the weight to shift to the RR quicker?

Back