Whats the difference?

I have seen many many times Racers will use public forums, and social media to bash tracks.

Everyone has bad days. I know I have had my share.

It happens all the time. A track will make the wrong call, have a rough surface, the track is too dry or too wet, took too long to run the races, toilet stopped up, coffee too hot, or too cold, the driveway too long, ran out of food in the concession stand, or what ever the complaint.
A lot of racers are real quick to jump on the internet, and totally destroy a track with public bashing.

If a track has 100 racers, entered in 10 classes, thats 90 people that made the wrong call on gear, or tires. Had a wheel come off, had too much cross, not enough stagger, too much stagger, too much air pressure, or what ever reason they had a bad day.

You dont see tracks on public forums, and social media bashing racers.
If a track did bash racers that had a bad day, they may as well lock the gate for good, cause the racers will no longer support them.

What makes it ok for the racers to do it?

Sadly, I'm from an era when children were to be seen and not heard. The internet has eliminated that concept and now permitted anyone at any age to feel anonymous while hiding behind a computer screen or I-Phone, say whatever they want, and feel entertained by it. Unfortunately they do not give a rat's behind as to who's cost they do this to. THEN, those will be the very individuals who complain kart counts are low after THEY have done their damage. I too just wish the tracks were more highly respected for still being there. Anyone who raced in the (especially) early-mid '60's knows what I'm saying. Tracks were in abundance no matter where you went, turnouts were plentiful, and it could be done affordably.

But to answer your last question........ NOTHING makes it OK for racers to do it. Not via the internet. If those who do it would simply step up and face those who run/own the track in person, a lot of negativity twords tracks could be averted. Sadly, track bashers usually put themselves on pedestals above all others when on a computer yet don't have the grapefruits to resolve issues in person. JMHO

ABSOLUTELY GREAT! i know that i've had a bad day at times too....flipped my kart....got tagged on the right rear...was it the track? nope....both times it was just something that happened. bad calls? i've made a few as a flagman and been the recipent of a few....tracks fault? in some way, but the call was based on what was seen by the officials....not on personal preference.

sometime we all let our alligator mouth overload our turd brain and things that should never have been said come out. don't like the track? don't go back. have a problem with the management of the track? take it up with them in person. bad call? we've all had them....so what? boo-hoo, get over it and either race again next saturday night or have a pity party and leave me out. didn't read the track right and blamed the track? tough noogies....

your right....while everyone has the freedom of speech and can say anything they want, what they say can and does hurt....

Freedom of speech. Everyone has the right to speak. And like you said, if a track bashed a karter for his/her conduct there would be fewer karters at the event next week. But it seems to be a given that it is ok for a track to be bashed by a karter. Bashing and pointing out improprieties are two different things. There are ways of speaking on here that will get the point across but there are not many who know how to speak when they are upset.

I have seen many many times Racers will use public forums, and social media to bash tracks.

Everyone has bad days. I know I have had my share.

It happens all the time. A track will make the wrong call, have a rough surface, the track is too dry or too wet, took too long to run the races, toilet stopped up, coffee too hot, or too cold, the driveway too long, ran out of food in the concession stand, or what ever the complaint.
A lot of racers are real quick to jump on the internet, and totally destroy a track with public bashing.

If a track has 100 racers, entered in 10 classes, thats 90 people that made the wrong call on gear, or tires. Had a wheel come off, had too much cross, not enough stagger, too much stagger, too much air pressure, or what ever reason they had a bad day.

You dont see tracks on public forums, and social media bashing racers.
If a track did bash racers that had a bad day, they may as well lock the gate for good, cause the racers will no longer support them.

What makes it ok for the racers to do it?

The track makes it OK for the racers to do it.

When a track opts to participate in a public access forum.........it opens itself to complaint as well as compliment.

As in this post.........a track operator getting on a public access forum for the purpose of complaining (bashing) folks you depend on to support your track.

You have provided a list of things which folks rightfully can complain about.............so when they do..........fess up to it........promise to attend to it......and do attend to it..............but, try not to get your feelings hurt in the process.

If you are oversensitive to complaint...........do not do business with the public.

Many tracks are now adding a policy of potential to ban racers based on social media reporting... Shouldn't have to come to that, but just sayin'...

The track and the racers need to be a team. We need the racers to have a show. You need the track to race at. Support your local track while it is still in operation. I know of a local track that is not my favorite so I don't go there - but - I never bash it or discourage anyone from going there. I do not want to see another track fail. Another track in my area is a good thing as we both support local racers. I use social media to support and encourage our racers and my hope is that they support my track. We are a team.

Many tracks are now adding a policy of potential to ban racers based on social media reporting... Shouldn't have to come to that, but just sayin'...

Tracks have always had the option of banning, or running off anyone who complained at any time, any where, about anything.

Back