Wheel hop…

You are 6', 240 lbs. on a Minecon, first off the Minecon on a good track isnt capable of handling a guy of your size, you just cant get the right numbers in that kart to make it work for you when the track bites up. Secondly, even to get it close to working for you, you need much more cross, more left , and more camber, both tires.
That kart was not designed for someone your size, but on a very low biting track theres a possibility it can.
The tracks I race at are usually low bite dry dusty ovals that you’re always struggling to build bite/grip, the kart runs very well for me, I’ve won at the track I raced at Saturday, ive never raced there with the track having as much bite/grip as it did this past weekend, just trying to what I could have done differently to make it better for the next time I run into a track like that…thx! dr

I don’t know, I ran the open class, and where I was pitting was where a lot of the Hoosier tire karts were…mine were rolled internal with millenium red, wiped during the week with trac tag topaz and then was wiping at the track with venom purple and all duro’ed 50

If the track was really high grip then the Topaz was most likely to aggressive on the tires. That could cause the tire to bite and release. I also agree with some of the other guys that the chassis you are riding is not the best in that condition for a super heavy driver with that low of numbers. You were basically riding a noodle. The chassis has so much flex it needs to run the high numbers to support itself and to keep from over biting the RR. If it was a real low grip track then those number may of been fine. I would of recommended around 65 cross and probably 62 left. Its going to make the kart a little tighter but you just get the turn back in it with stagger. How did the kart drive besides it wanting to hop? Did it want to hop on entry, through the center or on exit? Another thing I noticed is your 2 pound split. That may of hurt you too, the left rear was overworking trying to push the kart straight and causing the RF to bite and release. Ive seen so many things cause a kart to hop that its going to be hard to figure out without making drastic changes.

Raced yesterday on a dirt indoor oval, most honestly, it had been several years since the last time I raced on a dirt track that had that much bite, grip, and rubber down in the corners. I was running about 5 to 6 tenths faster a lap than I ever had in any times I’ve ever raced at this track. Problem I was having was “wheel hopping”…a couple times, it felt so bad that I didn’t have full control of the kart…what typically is the cause, and the typical adjustments/fix? Thx! Dr
I had same problem, I am heaver also. tried a lot of different things , but just going up on air pressure seemed to the the best solution I went for 7 and 6 to 9 and 8 than to 10 an 9. Worked very well for me. The handling changed!!!!!! but I was a lot faster Especially down the chute. and completely cured the hop.

Back