Where are all the LO206 rules changes?

CarlsonMotorsports

Site Supporter
Folks, with all the turmoil currently on the clone-side of our sport, isn't it nice to have a STABLE rules package in place by the manufacturer?

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/en...acing/2015 Engine Class Regulations.pdf?la=en

Just another reason we are seeing growth in the LO206 program.

Thanks Dave!

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You almost had me going there for a minute Brian.
My bad. chuckle, chuckle.

You have to be blind not to see the benefit of this concept. There are quite a few engine builders on this website that are 100% behind the LO206 concept and they must be recognized for their unselfish support for the good of karting.

You have to be blind not to see the benefit of this concept. There are quite a few engine builders on this website that are 100% behind the LO206 concept and they must be recognized for their unselfish support for the good of karting.
shame of it is that the tracks don't recognize the benifit of a sealed program since it would be closer racing and much easier tech.

Easily over half of our field was on red-covered briggs engines today, and another Clone sprayed it's guts and oil all over the track.

Folks, with all the turmoil currently on the clone-side of our sport, isn't it nice to have a STABLE rules package in place by the manufacturer?

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/en...acing/2015 Engine Class Regulations.pdf?la=en

Just another reason we are seeing growth in the LO206 program.

Thanks Dave!

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Brian,

Would it be ok if I used this thread to report back how many 206 entries there are at every race I tech this year? :)

rebsfan4,
If you have followed along with the growth of the LO206 class, it has not been overwhelming on dirt. Last I heard, you were doing clone tech on dirt. I seriously doubt you've seen any LO206s at the tracks that you tech at. Not surprising to me at all. Don't be surprised if that doesn't change in the not too distant future though as we're getting calls from clone guys (yes, in the deep south now too) who are fed up with the constant rules changes in the clones. The stable rules package that the LO206 offers from a single supplier is looking all the more appealing to these racers.
Look, I don't predict (or even want) that the Lo206 engine will replace the blueprinted engine classes. Karting has always been a playground for the tinkerer - the DIY'er - Shade Tree Mechanic. Being an engine builder myself, I've made my sole living off of building karting engines for 26 years now. I don't expect to see that portion of our industry going away ever. But I do think it's time to address the needs of the racer looking for a stable, affordable, sealed engine platform. The LO206 fits that bill nicely. :)

rebsfan4,
If you have followed along with the growth of the LO206 class, it has not been overwhelming on dirt. Last I heard, you were doing clone tech on dirt. I seriously doubt you've seen any LO206s at the tracks that you tech at. Not surprising to me at all. Don't be surprised if that doesn't change in the not too distant future though as we're getting calls from clone guys (yes, in the deep south now too) who are fed up with the constant rules changes in the clones. The stable rules package that the LO206 offers from a single supplier is looking all the more appealing to these racers.
Look, I don't predict (or even want) that the Lo206 engine will replace the blueprinted engine classes. Karting has always been a playground for the tinkerer - the DIY'er - Shade Tree Mechanic. Being an engine builder myself, I've made my sole living off of building karting engines for 26 years now. I don't expect to see that portion of our industry going away ever. But I do think it's time to address the needs of the racer looking for a stable, affordable, sealed engine platform. The LO206 fits that bill nicely. :)

I'll be neck deep in Flatheads, Animals and Clones this weekend.

Gotta admit, Bryan, as a fellow tech man - the current clone tech has got you scrambling to keep up with all the changes. ;)
It sure is nice to have stable rules for the LO206 (flatheads and animals included.) Thus the point of my post!

Gotta admit, Bryan, as a fellow tech man - the current clone tech has got you scrambling to keep up with all the changes. ;)
It sure is nice to have stable rules for the LO206 (flatheads and animals included.) Thus the point of my post!

In all honesty, I take the changes in stride and make adjustments as needed. No need to let something I have no control over get me all twisted up.

I went and borrowed a buddy's Animal to brush up on my tech with it. Been awhile since I've had my hands on one. I have to admit one thing, I forgot how cut and dry they were. Good thing I'm a single fella cause this ting is spread out all over the dining table. I hope I can remember how to put it back together. :)

In all honesty, I take the changes in stride and make adjustments as needed. No need to let something I have no control over get me all twisted up.

I went and borrowed a buddy's Animal to brush up on my tech with it. Been awhile since I've had my hands on one. I have to admit one thing, I forgot how cut and dry they were. Good thing I'm a single fella cause this ting is spread out all over the dining table. I hope I can remember how to put it back together. :)

Well, at least you don't have weigh the parts, pull out your Flintstone gauge for the springs, direction, and shim stack to consider. ;)

I'll be neck deep in Flatheads, Animals and Clones this weekend.

Dang, Bryan where are you going? The closest race to me is in Jasper, Fla. I'm not riding that far to watch . It's all clone to. I know GMP has a practice and play day, but I don't think there will be any Animal's or Flatheads there. The Ice Breaker is all Clone classes with one flathead open class this year or thats what Ronald has posted.

With how many people that get thrown out for clone springs it must be

Lol, that really has more to do with the in the inherent inconsistencies of a cheap spring used for a purpose they shouldn't really be used for.The 206 has a perfect answer for that? Rev limiter, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT COULD BE THAT EASY? Lol, I'm glad to see more drama in the clone world. One day they might realize Briggs just wants to race, not tech all night.

Dang, Bryan where are you going? The closest race to me is in Jasper, Fla. I'm not riding that far to watch . It's all clone to. I know GMP has a practice and play day, but I don't think there will be any Animal's or Flatheads there. The Ice Breaker is all Clone classes with one flathead open class this year or thats what Ronald has posted.

I am teching the King of Kings race in Martin Tn. this weekend. Two day indoor race.

Well I'm glad I don't have to even think about it when I take my animals to tech. It was definitely a cause for worry last time I race my clone and went to tech. When the limiting factor on the engine is the valve springs you know the rule will be pushed as close to the limit as possible.

Well I'm glad I don't have to even think about it when I take my animals to tech. It was definitely a cause for worry last time I race my clone and went to tech. When the limiting factor on the engine is the valve springs you know the rule will be pushed as close to the limit as possible.

OK. That's not the spring's fault. Nor the rule's fault.

Lol, I'm glad to see more drama in the clone world.
I suppose you could call it "drama", or it could also be referred to as being involved, and/or interested. Some folks like to have a say, others don't, I reckon.
As far as a rev limiter, don't see much difference between that and a governor, one being mechanical the other electrical, both serving the same purpose.

Back