which body?

Probably.
The swoop makes the air move more with more turbulence.
That being said, there is little to be gained at the speed most karts are going.
Aero testing is so expensive there isn't much done on karts.
Tires will make more difference than the small amount you will pick up with aero.

Aero isn't the only concept behind the swoop body. As the clone engine has come to the forefront in dirt ovals, the swoop side body helps direct air to the front of the engine to help cool it, as well as the top plate with air duct in the top of it. Being "aero slick" isn't as important in dirt ovals as is a balance in the amount of downforce. Bodies can change the handling of a kart drastically.

Aero isn't the only concept behind the swoop body. As the clone engine has come to the forefront in dirt ovals, the swoop side body helps direct air to the front of the engine to help cool it, as well as the top plate with air duct in the top of it. Being "aero slick" isn't as important in dirt ovals as is a balance in the amount of downforce. Bodies can change the handling of a kart drastically.

x2. Higher sides will give you better aero, guy behind you will be able to draft a little easier too. Nose would be my #1 thing, plenty of people pick up an aero push in traffic on a high speed track. Look at a few noses and then imagine it going threw a pool of water...Need something just let me know

The swoop side panels reduce side force because clone karts are under powered and over tired. A tall side panel can give significant gains when you are racing in low grip situations. I make a 15 inch high side panel that is specifically designed for more side bite.

Back