which burris tire is better for qualifying

strong08

I was considering getting a new set of Burris tire and do nothing but qualify on them which would be better to us a b33 or a ss33. And would you want either of them to be fairly soft.

I was considering getting a new set of Burris tire and do nothing but qualify on them which would be better to us a b33 or a ss33. And would you want either of them to be fairly soft.

Does not matter what ya get if they do not match track condition during qualifying, in general during qualifying track is still gaining so maybe slightly softer, but thinner tires are usually better for qualifying not new, key to qualifying is get that added bite needed with out being to soft.

I would go with the ss 33, ss 33 preped properly will out perform B 33s, but I would figure out what my older thinner tires need to just qualify and get new ones to race.
What are your current qualifying results that you ask this question.

On bigger shows usually about 8th to 10th. I would be using them at Dumplin and tracks in Kentucky I was just wondering if there was an advantage to using the b 33. There is a track I go to some times that is slick a damp it has a 33 tire rule, but it really is a 11 type of track.

On bigger shows usually about 8th to 10th. I would be using them at Dumplin and tracks in Kentucky I was just wondering if there was an advantage to using the b 33. There is a track I go to some times that is slick a damp it has a 33 tire rule, but it really is a 11 type of track.

Under those conditions B 33's would perform good.

If this is Bradley, this is Brian (B-7), you won't find any of the front runners on B33's at DVR. I know that as i have access to their inventory of compounds. Mostly our problem is the track has been messed up compared to prior years in surface with the rain ect that messed with Steve turning up new fresh dirt for us. It is a big guessing game , one runs soft goat tires on low air , another runs hard tires on low , and still another runs soft on high air. If you get it figured out ...let me know lol. I do know alot of people are "killing" their tires with massive amounts of Goat. I don't have the tire funds to do that so i stay away from it as much as i can. My last run i had a borrowed set of "killed" goat tires and i wish i had gone up on air as i was a little locked into the track for the first time all year.

At DVR, SS33 is the way to go. Having run there a few years, we have our best runs on a harder tire, 50-60. This track changes throughout the day. Welch performance can get you any compound of tire and may have some decent used in his shop

Depends on the track surface for sure. Thinner tire for qualifying. Nothing internal, ht it with whatever it takes to get it to grip the track for quick 2 laps and done.

Our Pink Panther has always worked well down there, but for qualifying (if there's no bite in the track due to weather, clay turned over, etc) you might end up hitting the tire with goat or something harsh too right before going to the grid. I've had guys mix Panther with goat and even a splash of creo and be rockin' for 2 laps. I wouldn't use goat straight, (especially later in the night.) At least the Pink Panther keeps some oils in the tires and won't let the goat kill them as quickly.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back