Which clutch would be best for a parade go kart?

idragit

Im working on some Shriner go karts that are used at parades only..the karts are an actual racing kart frame modified a little ..they have an older style animal motor with the governor in place..they have 3 disc bully clutches on them now..theyre wore out and get maintenance very little..they drive them hard withlots of stop and go starts..Im thinking of replacing them with an hilliard fury or similar drum clutch..any thoughts on that?

3/4" Max-Torque shoe clutches with a big enough drum for a roller bearing, lubed occasionally. The bushing ones tend to seize up and grab.

We have used the Hilliard Fury w/ the Bully converision kit and it worked well. I don't recall the G/R, but it was 'Low'!

I help our local shriners here i the upstate, we have coverted them to the fury clutch with the weakest springs possible. I have them bring them by about a mouth before their events, and go over them from back to front. Brakes is a must Normally i replace lines and pads every year.The worst thing to happen is them not able to stop,Most of the guys are doing a great job helpping kids and raising money so they can recieve med treatment. So my hat goes off to you for doing what you can to help this group. SAFETY FRIST.

Back