Why is the oil this color after I run

White17

I have a flathead on alky, after I run a heat and change oil, it's a white milky color. Can anyone tell me why it's this color, is there something wrong or is this normal?

Better question now might be -- WHY is there alcohol getting into the oil? Broken ring, worn rings and or cylinder, too much cylinder clearance, way over jetted, ignition timing way off, intake valve guide needs replaced???

Are you running a Tillotson or some other "fuelly" carb that doesn't like to be idled long at it's rich bottom end setting?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian, I'm running a tillotson,I ran 2 heats and it idles when I pull off track and doesn't want to shut off. I don't know much about this motor or infact I don't know much about Briggs.Ive always ran 2 strokes.

Tillys do not like to be idled. (period) They are very rich (depending on the drill pattern) to help with bottom end. They are notorious for putting fuel in the crankcase if left to idle too long.
Unlike your 2 strokes, Briggs do NOT like fuel in the oil. ;)

Tillys do not like to be idled. (period) They are very rich (depending on the drill pattern) to help with bottom end. They are notorious for putting fuel in the crankcase if left to idle too long.
Unlike your 2 strokes, Briggs do NOT like fuel in the oil. ;)

X2---- Do not Idle a Tilly on a Briggs any longer than you have to. Change oil `OFTEN` and with a good Alky compatible oil.

Sounds like you are running a motor oil that is not compatible with methanol in addition to what everybody else posted.

Back