wiggy bar?

Its a seat bar that usually runs from left nerf bar to the rear cross bar. Its named after Harrill Wiggins, Wiggy Bar, owner of Phantom Racing Chassis.

It was made to fix an issue with one phantom chassis, then every started doing it. I personally sold mine kart works better with it

It was produced for use on the Phantom Icons and Seraphs-Phantom Tritons donot use them--other manufacturers have developed similiar seat mounting systems using a Wiggy bar like design. I think Phantom encouraged their use on all classes except small kids. John

We won the Maxxis National Championship at Neeses with a Wiggy Bar, JR1, and then 3 weeks later won the last ever Jr Kahuna Purple Plate. I would say it worked very well on Jr classes, and i recommend them.

Actually, the Wiggy bar wasn't made to solve a problem. It was made to replicate a seat configuration that we liked. We first saw it and figured it out at PK and soon after started testing the bar. We liked what it did to the kart so we made them. At the time we were running the Icon and we made it for the Icon but it wasn't long before people wanted them for other Phantom's so we made them for them as well. Not too long after that other manufactures made bars of their own design.

The only problem we fixed with the Icon had nothing to do with the Wiggy bar. In testing the kart was awesome. However, when we started production many people complained of a push off and the vast majority of early adopters sold their karts. By late winter we had diagnosed the problem and traced it to a push in (and not a push out) and determined that the kart needed more rake. We then switched from running the zero slugs in the LR to the 1/8 hole down (adding 1/8" of rake); the kart started turning better getting into the corner, the push off went away and the kart become very dominant over the next two years.

Not that this has lots to do with the original question but I figured some might be interested in the story.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Back