Will a banshee compete in UAS

Yea it's hard to say who owns the record but its cool to think it could happen on an older kart ,and Todd I completely agree with you on the phenom/banshee scenario but I've ran them both and think I could get the push out of the banshee .i also agree with the stagger comment that's how I've always tuned it just hope the bite won't be to much of an issue

I just put a YZ125 on mine...we'll see how this season goes! If I find a good setup, I'll post my numbers.

If I were trying to run an open on a Banshee I'd be on something like 44 nose, 57 to 60 left and low to mid 60's cross. At least that's what I'd try to run. I don't know that the front end of the kart would be controllable with that much left and cross and I suspect it'd push getting off the corner. However, if it could be made to work ok with these numbers it might be decent.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

So far all my problems have been with getting positive turn-in....finally got enough stagger and it responds nicely. Gotta' wait for the weather to cooperate and my final motor assembly for some more testing. Thanks for the info, Todd.

Ok great LTG those numbers sound great .I finally got a motor I'm gonna run a yz450f mx motor with a triton nose and a custom wedge that I'm building right now . Todd what kind of seat placent should I use like heighth off of the axle and distance off if the rail?I need to know so I can start fabbing my interior panels? And one last thing I've never ran grooved tires do you have any info on that

I've got a 98 banshee with about 50 or 60 races on it had it sense it was almost new.Thinking about putting a big block clone and a wedge body on it on burris tires.Ive heard that older karts work well with big power is this true or would I be wasting time ?i should also add it was ran on asphalt for about 30 races or so.I will be completely restoring this kart.and also LTG please give advice

yes they will run well......Mike Evans with a GX390 on his Banshee held track record at Talladega Short track for over a year....9.610.......I might add he is also the Maxxis Twin States Open Champion for 2013 on that very kart........

yes they will run well......Mike Evans with a GX390 on his Banshee held track record at Talladega Short track for over a year....9.610.......I might add he is also the Maxxis Twin States Open Champion for 2013 on that very kart........

He is also the Talladega Short Track Pro Kart Tour Thumper Challenge winner......best I can remember they had 2-450's, 5-gx390's, 1-YZ250 (this guy now holds track record), 1-305, 1-Buller 131, and a twin cylinder 2 cycle......

Back