will changing springs in a lo206 do anything

I hit it one race a few times. Its got about 200 laps on it. On a small tenth to eighth mile track. There is only 1 other 206 that runs with me. And we run the same gears. And his is a lot faster. And I heard he changed his springs before our season started

What would that do. Cuz we leave everybody and he can pass me. But I can't ever pass him. But I can run inches from his bumper for a hole race. But down the straight away he pulls away from me. And I don't understand how

If he has an animal he has a higher reving coil.....check and see if he has the same color one as you...you can see them through the blower housing if you use a flash light and look through the top by the carb...or ask to see his tach

I agree with Kart 43 i had the same problem last year with 206s here we had to run the burris 33s i finally went up in air pressure by alot compared to to what the other guys were running and the next thing you know i was beating him my 04 octane was to tight with burris on it was slowing me down on day races

I understand setup has a lot to do with it. But when we come to green flag going the same speed out of corner 4 and both get on the gas at the sane time there is no reason he should be a whole kart in front of me. We weigh almost the same. And run the same gears. Setup shouldn't affect that much on the first straight away.

I understand setup has a lot to do with it. But when we come to green flag going the same speed out of corner 4 and both get on the gas at the sane time there is no reason he should be a whole kart in front of me. We weigh almost the same. And run the same gears. Setup shouldn't affect that much on the first straight away.

Dont think its the springs when your getting drug on the starts as your not at max rpm.
Could be the Clutch, Some dont work on the clutch at all. Some work the clutch every weekend/ some have a fresh clutch for feature only.

We are both running a max torque 11 tooth. And mine was brand new 2 races ago. We both go from the back to the front in a lap or 2. But his just has more than mine. And I find it a little odd that no matter what I do I can run with him but can't pass him. And he can race a crazy line and still keep up with me on a 1 lane track.

Don't take that the wrong way I'm not accusing or saying he's cheating. But there is a lot of little tricks that can be done that are still legal. Just trying to figure out if any of them make a difference. And can help me wrap my head around this.

Tell us your complete tune, valve clearance, needle position, plug gap, idle air screw, float height, clutch spring mods?

There are secrets to Tuning any engine. The lo206 is no exception. Valve seal and Proper valve lash important. I would get a professional engine builder to look at your total engine package to determine what and if anything needs to be done. From what you are describing it could be as simple as a leaky valve,too much lash, not enough tire pressure or the other guy could just have a freer running chassis.

I challenge anyone to show me that changing the springs will improve the operation of this engine.
In fact go ahead and put stiffer springs in it and run the risk of wearing out the cam lobes.
The cam lobes have about a 35 Rockwell hardness.

Float is at .870. Needle is in the middle. Valve clearance is 0 to .001idle screw is about 4 turns out. Running a max torque clutch with an 11 t driver. And haven't done anything to springs. And I agree the 206 is more about setup and driving. But with a track that has no tech. And everybody knows they won't tech.

Back